Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.d-i-y
Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot

Default Boiler/smoker

In the garden I have an old, and stunningly heavy, old Ideal boiler. It's
something along the lines of this...
http://www.hevac-heritage.org/items_of_interest/heating/national_trust_properties/killerton_house/Dcp_1994.jpg

....but more square and not so old.

I would like to turn it into a hot smoker but I can't think of anything
which I could molish a good smoke box out of to fit onto the 6" stub of
chimney the boiler has on it.

I imagine some sort of metal cube with a lid would be suitable but I can't
think of anything except bikky tins and they seem a bit floppy.

Any ideas?

Si

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Burns

Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot wrote:

I could molish

uk.rec.sheds is that way ==

:-P

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot

Andy Burns wrote:
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot wrote:

I could molish

uk.rec.sheds is that way ==

:-P

It's VERY spammy recently, I noticed. Woss going on there?

Si

Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , "Mungo \"Two Sheds\"
Toadfoot" writes
http://www.hevac-heritage.org/items_...ational_trust_
properties/killerton_house/Dcp_1994.jpg

...but more square and not so old.

I would like to turn it into a hot smoker but I can't think of anything
which I could molish a good smoke box out of to fit onto the 6" stub of
chimney the boiler has on it.

I imagine some sort of metal cube with a lid would be suitable but I can't
think of anything except bikky tins and they seem a bit floppy.

Any ideas?

Cut down a metal dustbin ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.d-i-y
Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

raden wrote:
In message , "Mungo \"Two Sheds\"
Toadfoot" writes
In the garden I have an old, and stunningly heavy, old Ideal boiler.
It's something along the lines of this...
http://www.hevac-heritage.org/items_...ational_trust_
properties/killerton_house/Dcp_1994.jpg

...but more square and not so old.

I would like to turn it into a hot smoker but I can't think of
anything which I could molish a good smoke box out of to fit onto
the 6" stub of chimney the boiler has on it.

I imagine some sort of metal cube with a lid would be suitable but I
can't think of anything except bikky tins and they seem a bit floppy.

Any ideas?

Cut down a metal dustbin ?

Now there's a nidea!

Si

Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , "Mungo \"two
sheds\" Toadfoot" writes
raden wrote:
In message , "Mungo \"Two Sheds\"
Toadfoot" writes
In the garden I have an old, and stunningly heavy, old Ideal boiler.
It's something along the lines of this...
http://www.hevac-heritage.org/items_...ational_trust_
properties/killerton_house/Dcp_1994.jpg

...but more square and not so old.

I would like to turn it into a hot smoker but I can't think of
anything which I could molish a good smoke box out of to fit onto
the 6" stub of chimney the boiler has on it.

I imagine some sort of metal cube with a lid would be suitable but I
can't think of anything except bikky tins and they seem a bit floppy.

Any ideas?

Cut down a metal dustbin ?

Now there's a nidea!

Have I ever failed you ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.d-i-y
Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot

raden wrote:

Have I ever failed you ?

Nope. You're an earole.

Si

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Burns

Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot wrote:

It's VERY spammy recently, I noticed.

Not seeing that much usenet spam thesedays, perhaps plusnet filters it,
If I see it at all it is often because some fool has replied to it

Woss going on there?

Everyone there seems to be fully occupied keeping a cascade going the
past few days ...

Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.d-i-y
Blueyonder

I would like to turn it into a hot smoker but I can't think of anything
which I could molish a good smoke box out of to fit onto the 6" stub of
chimney the boiler has on it.

I imagine some sort of metal cube with a lid would be suitable but I can't
think of anything except bikky tins and they seem a bit floppy.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a 'smoker', and what do you intend to use
it for? Is this something to do with fish?

-- JJ

Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.d-i-y
Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot

Blueyonder wrote:
I would like to turn it into a hot smoker but I can't think of
anything which I could molish a good smoke box out of to fit onto
the 6" stub of chimney the boiler has on it.

I imagine some sort of metal cube with a lid would be suitable but I
can't think of anything except bikky tins and they seem a bit floppy.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a 'smoker', and what do you intend
to use it for? Is this something to do with fish?

-- JJ

It's used to make smoked food - pastrami, bacon, poultry, fish etc.

Yum.

Si