Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Caution: Metal Content

Well, San Diego was awesome. Had a nice visit with friends, struck a few
golf balls for the first time since I broke my back, and got to ride in the
Ferrari. "the Ferrari" is a 1968 206 GT Ferrari Dino, # 12 of 150, street
value, about $175k full restore as new.

We drove it from its nesting place to the Museum of Automotive History in
Balboa Park, San Diego, Cal. It will be there until Jan. 5, or so. If
you're in the area, stop in. They will have about another dozen Ferraris
that were production models on display, some WELL over the million $ mark,
and some approaching $5m. I heard one was more than 10. They just moved
out the exhibition of the Ferrari race cars of history, some into the $20m
range.

In the pictures in my friend's garage, you can see the Maserati 3500 Vignale
that is under a frame up restoration, and a Lamborghini Miura that will
start when the Maserati is finished. He has a blue one that is stored at
another garage that he goes on tours with.

I love to see people enjoy their money.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

I'm back now.

Steve

--
Keep an eye on them or lose them:

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech,
or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to
petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.