Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Obama shows his true colors

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 18:19:03 -0800 (PST), the infamous
scrawled the following:

Obama's Road to Damascus
By John Perazzo
FrontPageMagazine.com | Tuesday, November 11, 2008
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=376A8A3B-62DD-407...

--minor snip--

Just to state my point of view, I am a conservative member of the
Replican part who voted for the McCane-Palin ticket. Still, the voice
of the people was heard, and I believe we should all at least give
Obama a chance after he assumes office in January 2009.

Buddha knows, we're trying.

I seem to be
a lone voice, but I'll simply wait and see who Obama choses to staff
his cabinet, and see if they are simploy political hacks or the best
brains our country has to offer. Kennedy was no brilliant ray of light
either, but take a look at the people who decided to staff his
cabinet.

It seems to be his intent to bring back the entire Clinton cabinet,
doesn't it?

I believe that is the first test of any president's leardership skill,
just as it is in the business world. The key trick here is to pick
your staff from not just the party favorites, but the best available
people in the nation to fill these positions. People who are better
informed and brighter than the President himself is. The ability to do
this is the measure of a successful businessman or a really great
president.

True, and I wish him luck in doing so. I'm not too impressed so far,
anf if he really does tap the Hildebeast for State, we's in a heap o'
trouble, son.

Harry Truman would not win a popularity contest, but ended WWII rather
decisively. Reagan decisively ended the cold war. Kennedy put man on
the moon, and fostered in one of the best periods of affluence that
American's have ever seen. Take a look at who their cabinet
appointees were. By contrast, George W. Bush made his choices rather
poorly.

Nah, only about 93% of them. (No, Gunner, I won't iterate 'em.)

I believe Obama to be a man who has worked very hard to achieve his
current position and President Elect. I just pray that unlike Bush,
Obama does now become a puppet with his strings pulled by powerful
party politicians. That is my worst worry.

I know you meant "does not become a puppet", and I'm wishing for the
same thing.

(So, Ed, did you meet the postman today?

--
If we all did the things we are capable of doing,
we would literally astound ourselves.