Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Remembrance day

Nov. 11 is Remembrance Day In Canada. World War One ended on the eleventh
hour, of the eleventh day, of the eleventh month, 1918. Let us have two
minutes of silence to honour all of the servicemen and women, merchant
seamen, and civilians who gave their all for us.

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved, and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders Fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders Fields.

- John McCrae

Steve R.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:56:42 -0800, "Steve R."
wrote:

[...]

A toast to the living
A drink to the dead

To absent friends.

Gunner, 55 tommorow.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."
Maj. Gen. John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in 1864 at the battle of Spotsylvania
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve R." wrote in message
[...]

Also in Australia. Same setiments

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Hell, I thought you were old....to be 55 again.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 21:06:05 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

wrote:

[...]

Cheers! To absent friends and veterans of war.

Gunner, 55 tommorow.

Thanks for your service, ya young pup.

LJ, who turned 55 a full 3 months ago.

--
If we all did the things we are capable of doing,
we would literally astound ourselves.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

A big A-Men to that.
...lew... (76+)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 13:45:09 +0300, "Rick Samuel"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Moi? Old? Perish the thought!

Im only old from the moment I awaken, to the time after stumbling
painfully to the bathroom and then manage to take a good wiz. After
that, things get much better.

Gunner

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."
Maj. Gen. John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in 1864 at the battle of Spotsylvania
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Rick Samuel" wrote:

Hell, I thought you were old....to be 55 again.

55 put Gunner in the ****. I bet he gets bonus age for that experience.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:31:34 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

wrote:

Gunner, 55 tommorow.

Hell, I thought you were old....to be 55 again.

Moi? Old? Perish the thought!

Im only old from the moment I awaken, to the time after stumbling
painfully to the bathroom and then manage to take a good wiz. After
that, things get much better.

Ditto here. Man, what's it going to be like when we're 80? shudder