Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default the accidental plater

On Nov 12, 2:32 am, "Dick 'Tater" wrote:

Hey, if you want to have some fun sometime, take a Cerrabend filled part and
quench it in ice water!

I always quenched the parts - think I waited a few seconds after
filling, then dropped them into a much larger pipe full of cold tap
water. For the bell section I think I had the garden hose running to
refill the pipe. Not as fast as ice water I suppose, but then it's
not all that hot to begin with.

But the tubing was annealed first. The amount of growth on cooling
really isn't that significant - however, the behavior of the filler as
it is bent is, and that can depend on how it cools.