Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Another Defective Metal Product

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=563_1225135283

Ooops.
Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Ooops.

No kidding! I've seen another video of a mortar exploding.
Any idea what causes this?

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus20172 wrote:

Doctored ammo has been a US pys war tactic for many years, when
dealing with asyemetric forces.

This is our asymmetric version of a roadside bomb.

War is hell. Only idiots try to make it civilized.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=563_1225135283

Ooops.
Dave

Let's have a sanity check on this. If it was real, how did the video get
out? And wouldn't the camera have suffered?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-10-29, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus20172 wrote:

Doctored ammo has been a US pys war tactic for many years, when
dealing with asyemetric forces.

This is our asymmetric version of a roadside bomb.

War is hell. Only idiots try to make it civilized.

I do not think that making rigged ammunition is uncivilized.
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 09:09:44 -0800, the infamous Jon Anderson
scrawled the following:

wrote:

Ooops.

No kidding! I've seen another video of a mortar exploding.
Any idea what causes this?

Instant Karma, of course. What _else_ could it be?

--
Change is the process by which the future invades our lives.
-- Alvin Toffler
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 00:16:03 -0000, "newshound"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=563_1225135283

Ooops.
Dave

Let's have a sanity check on this. If it was real, how did the video get
out? And wouldn't the camera have suffered?

The camera may have been captured at a later time with the video on
it. There is nothing to say that the camera WASN'T damaged but if it
was, not to any major degree. It may well have been outside the major
blast area, using a tele lens. Any number of logical scenarios here.

Jim

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 20:02:36 -0400, Wes wrote:

War is hell. Only idiots try to make it civilized.

Wes

Roger that. Any notion of civilized warfare is ridiculous. Warfare is
not a sport.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I have seen reports that US military intentionally plants rounds that
are designed to explode upon firing, so that insurgents would blow
them up. Kids pick up those mortar rounds, sell them and resell them,
and then they fall into insurgents hands and explode when fired.

I personally think that it is a great idea.

We need some exploding Meth around here.
--
Stupendous Man,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=563_1225135283

Ooops.
Dave

what's the whoops? mortars are for blowing up assholes, and that's what
that one did.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 07:39:09 -0700, "Stupendous Man"
wrote:

I have seen reports that US military intentionally plants rounds that
are designed to explode upon firing, so that insurgents would blow
them up. Kids pick up those mortar rounds, sell them and resell them,
and then they fall into insurgents hands and explode when fired.

I personally think that it is a great idea.

We need some exploding Meth around here.

I've often thought that law enforcement should be empowered to set up
"honeypots." Put an anhydrous ammonia tank out in a field where
anyone can reach it without much difficulty. Load it with hydrogen
cyanide instead of ammonia.

Evolution in action.

Terry
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Terry wrote:

I've often thought that law enforcement should be empowered to set up
"honeypots." Put an anhydrous ammonia tank out in a field where
anyone can reach it without much difficulty. Load it with hydrogen
cyanide instead of ammonia.

So, after it kills the Meth chemist, Who closes the valve?

Evolution in action.

Can you say Bhopal?

Terry