Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default English bike lovers...help!

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 15:08:35 -0500, Wayne
wrote:

Gunner wrote on 10/22/2008 :
http://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/Enfield

I swapped for this in 1971, and two weeks later..went off to war.

I finally got it out to California this week and am trying identify what
exactly it is.. I think its a Royal Enfield Meteor...but...???

The title I got, 37 yrs ago says its a 1961 Indian.....

Anyone got any ideas? Ive already posted the link and a request to the
Royal Enfield groups..no answers as of yet.

Anyone?

Gunner

How'd you get it home from Mi.?

Wayne D.

Leigh ... a semi regular poster and machine tool
dealer met my sister in Detroit, on his way back from the antique
truck show in Hershey Pa, and added it to his cargo of machines etc
that he bought back east, along with a Jawa motorcycle destined for
someone else. My sister is a serious biker, her boyfriend is a
Shriner..one of the motorcycle drill riders..and they made the 500
mile round trip up to my Dads place to pick the beasty up, and hold it
until Leigh came through...it was a masterpiece of logistics and
getting all the round pegs into the square holes....G..one Ive been
trying to accomplish for at least 15 yrs.

Gunner