Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Obama again wins "debate"

"Curly Surmudgeon" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 14:53:58 -0400, Ed Huntress wrote:

"Buerste" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Buerste" wrote in message

"Cliff" wrote in message
news Obama again wins "debate"
Per CNN poll by about 2 to 1 this time.
snip

When do I get my cut of "Joe Plumber's" money?

Never, unless Joe starts netting more than $250,000 year off of his
plumbing business, which seems unlikely after listening to Joe.
However, if he *does* reach it, I'm going into plumbing right away.

If the small tax increase he'll be exposed to after he reaches
$250,000, until he gets up into the $1 million/year category, really is
enough to keep him from buying the business, then Joe doesn't have
enough behind him to go into business at all.

--
Ed Huntress

When I was a kid, I was under the threat that if I didn't get good
grades I'd grow up to be a lowly plumber or electrician.

Little did we know, huh? I could be wrenching pipes right now, bringing
in
some real money, instead of editing these stupid endocrinology
articles...

Do not trivialize plumbing. In California many, if not most, homes are on
raised perimeter foundations with a small crawlspace beneath. How would
you like to go under one with a broken drain pipe spewing excrement?

Or drive a shovel through hardpan, rocks, tree roots just to access the
popes? Or in a summer attic in Los Angeles where the temperature can
reach 140 degrees? Yes, air conditioning people are "plumbers."

The profession is sufficiently diverse that no one covers the spectrum,
all specialize. And all are demanding jobs. Few people realize the
hours, knowledge required or physical demands.

--
Regards, Curly

As one plumber said to me "I've tasted the salt". It's also not an easy
trade to continue into your golden years.