Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Best way to post drawings to Dropbox?

All,
I want to post some drawings to the Dropbox to clarify some projects
I've done that some folks here might find useful. I can make the
drawings using BobCad but I want to post them in a format anyone can
read.
Thanks,
Eric
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

PDF. "CutePDF" is freeware that installs itself as a printer. To
create a PDF, you just print, selecting CutePDF as the printer.

http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

Bob
--
Nota for President
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-10-11, wrote:
All,
I want to post some drawings to the Dropbox to clarify some projects
I've done that some folks here might find useful. I can make the
drawings using BobCad but I want to post them in a format anyone can
read.

O.K. start by visiting http://www.metalworking.com, and click
on the bar reading "[ About the dropbox ]". It will tell you how to do
it (which is emailing to a specific address).

I'll discuss some of the considerations here before you go
there, since I know the fellow who runs the dropbox.

Embedded spaces in filenames *will* be changed to underscores,
because such spaces are a problem on an system (including Windows)
running scripts to process batches of files via invoked command lines

Most other punctuation characters (other than the '.') can be a
problem on some system or other, so it is best to limit yourself to
letters, numbers, '_' and '.' to make sure that everyone can access the
files.

Microsoft Word files (.doc) *will* be rejected. because of the
macro virus potential.

Programs in raw binary form will be rejected too.

Each set of files should be accompanied by a ".txt" file
explaining what they are and why they are there.

*Please* limit line length to no more than 80 characters or they
can be a problem viewed with web browsers (since the file is not HTML,
the browser does not fold the lines). Beware that some editors will
fold the lines only on the local screen, but send them out with each
paragraph as a single long line. If you aren't sure what your editor
does, manually hit a return as you approach the right margin of the
screen to be sure.

Then -- once you have the confirmation e-mail that the files are
there, post the URL here and we can take a look at the files.

Note that files in the dropbox are forever, so don't expect to
remove them after we've looked at them.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
(too) near Washington D.C. |
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

All,
I want to post some drawings to the Dropbox to clarify some projects
I've done that some folks here might find useful. I can make the
drawings using BobCad but I want to post them in a format anyone can
read.
Thanks,
Eric

That means you are on a windows box.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/
is a pdf printer driver. I'm using it on my laptop (xp pro) atm. Seems to work okay for
me. Oh, it is freeware.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 20:48:59 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

PDF. "CutePDF" is freeware that installs itself as a printer. To
create a PDF, you just print, selecting CutePDF as the printer.

http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

Bob
--
Nota for President

Thanks Bob, DoN,and Wes. It looks like cutePDF will work.
Cheers,
Eric

EKRA II Drawings C Moi Electronics Repair 2 October 19th 06 08:18 AM
Dropbox post Cheep MIG upgrade Carl Byrns Metalworking 1 December 18th 05 10:19 PM
Dropbox post Cheep MIG upgrade news.verizon.net Metalworking 0 December 18th 05 08:36 PM
Autocad Drawings Redd Electronics 3 June 8th 04 04:54 AM
AutoCAD drawings. Rick UK diy 23 November 14th 03 03:28 PM