Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default My posts

You didn't put yourself in a kill file did you ?
I split up your name a bit just as a test.

Martin
Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

St ev eB wrote:
are appearing, and people are answering them. But they are not appearing on
my screen. What's up?

St e ve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-10-06, SteveB toquerville@zionvistas wrote:
are appearing, and people are answering them. But they are not appearing on
my screen. What's up?

Is it possible that your news server reset the article numbers
(perhaps because of recovering from a backup after a disk crash)?

If that is the case, you need to unsubscribe from the newsgroup,
exit the newsreader, perhaps reboot, and then re-start the newsreader
and resubscribe to the newsgroup to clear the article count.

If you were on a unix system I could tell you which file to edit
how to edit it to accomplish the same thing.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message
are appearing, and people are answering them. But they are not appearing
on my screen. What's up?

Steve

Did a restore, and it put it back to normal. Stupid computer.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-10-06, SteveB toquerville@zionvistas wrote:
are appearing, and people are answering them. But they are not appearing on
my screen. What's up?

Is it possible that your news server reset the article numbers
(perhaps because of recovering from a backup after a disk crash)?

If that is the case, you need to unsubscribe from the newsgroup,
exit the newsreader, perhaps reboot, and then re-start the newsreader
and resubscribe to the newsgroup to clear the article count.

If you were on a unix system I could tell you which file to edit
how to edit it to accomplish the same thing.

He is using Giganews, and I haven't seen any problewms wih my account
there.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.