Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default www: HF owner's manuals archived; URL formula

Hee hee!

What fun.

I needed a manual for my 47802 Power Pack from Harbor Freight so I
cobbled the URL and bypassed the web site's notice that "This item is
discontinued. No further information is available."

http://www.harborfreight.com/manuals...7999/47802.pdf

See the structure? They have 1000 slots 000-999 in each directory
under "manuals", then the item number "dot PDF".

Whee!

Doug Goncz
Replikon Research
Seven Corners, VA 22044-0394

(Don't let 'em find out!)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

DGoncz replikon.net wrote:

Hee hee!

What fun.

I needed a manual for my 47802 Power Pack from Harbor Freight so I
cobbled the URL and bypassed the web site's notice that "This item
is discontinued. No further information is available."

http://www.harborfreight.com/manuals...7999/47802.pdf

See the structure? They have 1000 slots 000-999 in each directory
under "manuals", then the item number "dot PDF".

Whee!

You are getting something out of a store that helps put Americans
out of work. And you are thrilled about that.

Doug Goncz
Replikon Research
Seven Corners, VA 22044-0394

(Don't let 'em find out!)

From: DGoncz replikon.net
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: www: HF owner's manuals archived; URL formula
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 17:36:21 -0700 (PDT)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 5, 7:36*pm, wrote:
Hee hee!

What fun.

I needed a manual for my 47802 Power Pack from Harbor Freight so I
cobbled the URL and bypassed the web site's notice that "This item is
discontinued. No further information is available."

http://www.harborfreight.com/manuals...7999/47802.pdf

See the structure? They have 1000 slots 000-999 in each directory
under "manuals", then the item number "dot PDF".

Whee!

Doug Goncz
Replikon Research
Seven Corners, VA 22044-0394

(Don't let 'em find out!)

Doug, Now THAT is a public service! Thanks! V
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John Doe wrote:
DGoncz replikon.net wrote:

Hee hee!

What fun.

I needed a manual for my 47802 Power Pack from Harbor Freight so I
cobbled the URL and bypassed the web site's notice that "This item
is discontinued. No further information is available."

http://www.harborfreight.com/manuals...7999/47802.pdf

See the structure? They have 1000 slots 000-999 in each directory
under "manuals", then the item number "dot PDF".

Whee!

You are getting something out of a store that helps put Americans
out of work. And you are thrilled about that.

Sounds more to me like he's doing an end run around their unwillingness to
help maintain older machinery - likely in an attempt to get him (or you , or
me ...) to buy new because "that one is too old , can't be fixed" .
I'd do it too , rather than buy a new machine .
--
Snag
'90 Ultra "Strider"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John Doe wrote:
DGoncz replikon.net wrote:

Hee hee!

What fun.

I needed a manual for my 47802 Power Pack from Harbor Freight so I
cobbled the URL and bypassed the web site's notice that "This item
is discontinued. No further information is available."

http://www.harborfreight.com/manuals...7999/47802.pdf

See the structure? They have 1000 slots 000-999 in each directory
under "manuals", then the item number "dot PDF".

Whee!

You are getting something out of a store that helps put Americans
out of work. And you are thrilled about that.

Shopped much lately? Even Vise Grips are going to be made in China.

David

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

You are getting something out of a store that helps put Americans
out of work. And you are thrilled about that.

Yes, like the sun puts candlemakers out of work [Bastiat].
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

David R.Birch wrote:

Shopped much lately? Even Vise Grips are going to be made in China.

And did you notice that even the top-of-the-line Victor torches and
regulators will now be made overseas?

Grant
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 5, 8:55*pm, John Doe wrote:
DGonczreplikon.net wrote:
Hee hee!

What fun.

I needed a manual for my 47802 Power Pack from Harbor Freight so I
cobbled the URL and bypassed the web site's notice that "This item
is discontinued. No further information is available."

http://www.harborfreight.com/manuals...7999/47802.pdf

See the structure? They have 1000 slots 000-999 in each directory
under "manuals", then the item number "dot PDF".

Whee!

You are getting something out of a store that helps put Americans
out of work. And you are thrilled about that.

I am getting something FOR FREE from a store that helps put Americans
out of work, and I am keeping IN SERVICE an item from that store
instead of buying new. The pack came off charge just today and I
wouldn't have been able to keep it in service wtihout the manual.

Remember, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

Doug

Owner's Manuals Sonny Woodworking 0 July 10th 06 01:42 AM
Gilson Monty Ward owner's manuals on Ebay DesertBob Jr. Home Ownership 1 December 15th 05 12:01 AM
Gilson Monty Ward owner's manuals on Ebay DesertBob Jr. Metalworking 1 December 11th 05 07:04 PM
Gilson Monty Ward owner's manuals on Ebay DesertBob Jr. Home Repair 2 December 11th 05 04:49 PM
Gilson Monty Ward owner's manuals on Ebay DesertBob Jr. Home Repair 0 December 11th 05 01:22 PM