Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sawzalls and recoil

RCM only

On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 09:53:26 -0500, the infamous Ignoramus26581
scrawled the following:

I am comparing two sawzalls: DeWALT-DW307-Reciprocating-Saw and Bosch
RS20-XC. The reason for this is to pick which one to get rid of. I
have this old Dewalt and very cheaply bought a new Bosch ($50).

DeWALT DW307 can be seen he
http://yabe.algebra.com/~ichudov/mis.../ebayhist.html
(it shows as a forsale page, but it is not for sale)

Bosch RS20-XC can be seen he
http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-RS20-XC-.../dp/B0009H59LE

Anyway, Amazon lists numerous complaints about the strong vibration
and recoil of the Bosch reciprocating saw.

My main question is, are these complaints even well founded, or is the
recoil inherent in a very powerful reciprocating saw?

Could anyone share first impressions from the Bosch, does it really
deserve the bad rap that it received?

Both are widely acclaimed tool mfgrs. I prefer the Bosch tools over
DeWally.

I own a Porter Cable Tiger Saw recip and it has a pretty heavy recip
action, but that's because it's heavy-duty and will last a long time.

I believe the ergonomics are better on the Bosch than the PC or DW, so
I'd likely keep the Bosch rather than the DW.

Key idea: Which one feels better in your hands, demoing a wall?

Uh, wanna trade? g

--
Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely.
-- Rodin