Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to move a Bridgeport

This has been asked here before, but it's been awhile.

Series II machine. Not sure of table length.

I'd be alone.

Not on palette in photo.

How much does a Series II machine weigh?

Would a lift truck handle the weight?

Is there a better option than a lift truck?

What do I need to rent to pick it up and get it on the truck?

The opening in my shop door is 35" wide.

Obviously I've got to take off the table. How do you do that?

How heavy is the table?

What am I missing?

What should a bare Series II machine with a broken table drive, but
all else, including DRO working sell for? I don't know backlash on
feed screws or looseness of table at this point. Can't get away to
see it this weekend, but if it's still around, maybe the next weekend.

TIA - RWL