Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The deal of a lifetime!! GLOAT!!!

A friend of my Dad's is moving after retiring and used to be a Mopar buff...
He is moving to a retirement community and he was cleaning out his garage
and called me knowing I had a start-up engine company and wondered if I
could use a few engines and parts that he had to get rid of ASAP. He did not
know what was all there he simply said - "Get a box truck and bring your
engine hoist" I did.... Before we go in to the garage he said "just take
this, I don't want any money for it, you always did my oil changes and kept
the cars running."
We go into the garage and he GIVES me (And would not accept ay money at
all) three like new 426 HEMI engines complete. Carbs to pan! two Wedge 440's
and three sets of Hemi heads boxes upon boxes of NOS Mopar Parts still in
the factory boxes - sprung and valved.... Needless to say I am buying this
guy a steak dinner and giving a lifetime of free work. He refused a
dime... He wanted them to have a "good home" They don't even need paint!
I'm going to detail them, go through them and re-bearing,re seal, and clean
em up and put them on stands on display in the shop. Nicest guy in the
world..... He was talking about wanting a Beretta autoloading shotgun for
this season so I got a copy of his FOID# (Perks of being a former cop) and
I'm picking one out today for him for Christmas. I'm going to auction off
his Super Bee for him and he is going to **** when I get him at least 90k
for the car, He wanted 6 grand for it and I told him he was nuts and to just
trust me and I'd sell the car for him. 20k miles and it sat for years (He
lost use of his legs from diabetes years ago) it sat since 77 he said.

My ultimate gloat!

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines
Chicago, IL.