Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hammond 1590BB diecast metal box origin

I recently bought a Hammond 1590BB diecast metal box for a project. The
box is imported. Guess where it was made? Has to be some low-cost
area, right? I thought stuff like that had to come from Chicagoland,
then China.

Molded right into the metal it says "Made in EU".

Joe Gwinn

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article
,
Jim Wilkins wrote:

On Sep 9, 6:39*pm, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
I recently bought a Hammond 1590BB diecast metal box for a project. *The
box is imported. *Guess where it was made? *Has to be some low-cost
area, right? *I thought stuff like that had to come from Chicagoland,
then China.

Molded right into the metal it says "Made in EU". *

Joe Gwinn

Spain?

No idea. All it says is EU. More likely somewhere in the Former Soviet
Union, Poland and the Czech Republic being quite industrial.

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Joseph Gwinn" wrote in message
In article
,
Jim Wilkins wrote:

On Sep 9, 6:39 pm, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
I recently bought a Hammond 1590BB diecast metal box for a project. The
box is imported. Guess where it was made? Has to be some low-cost
area, right? I thought stuff like that had to come from Chicagoland,
then China.

Molded right into the metal it says "Made in EU".

Joe Gwinn

Spain?

No idea. All it says is EU. More likely somewhere in the Former Soviet
Union, Poland and the Czech Republic being quite industrial.

Sounds like European Union - does that include Poland or the Czech Republic?