Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default You Guys said I should use 1/2"

You guys said I should use 1/2"... So I did. Sorta. LOL.

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/5150/fileqe3.jpg

After doing all of this I and doing some testing I can tell you 3/8 plate
would have been more than adequate. I used 3/8 plate and then bandaided
1/8" onto both sides. I cut it slightly smaller than the tang on the plate,
and cut the holes slightly larger giving me a nice step to weld the three
plates together.

I can tell I am going to need a little more practice and experimentaion
before I weld this all in place, and weld on the sheet on the front.
Welding 1/8 to 3/8 is quite an experience. Its all about gun angle.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com