Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rotary table/indexer

Alright folks , I got the gear book (gotta brush up on my math !) ... and
I got some messed up gears on the lathe that need replacing . My research
indicates that the most flexible setup (though not the "best" for every
task) is a rotary table with indexing capability . My next decision is size
.. My baby mill has a max of 18" table to spindle . The table is 9X32" and
moves 8X21" .
I'm thinking that 6" might be a bit too big , most of the gears are in the
2" to 5" diameter range ... but I don't want to limit myself to what may
come in the future . 3" is definitely too small , 4" is iffy , and I haven't
seen a 5 .
--
Snag
Decisions , decisions ...

Rotary Table Suggestions Joe AutoDrill Metalworking 4 March 13th 08 07:28 PM
Rotary table Gerry Metalworking 4 February 25th 06 09:37 PM
rotary table use question Grant Erwin Metalworking 14 September 9th 05 05:18 AM
Rotary table ID? tokarev Metalworking 1 May 20th 04 12:57 AM
Rotary table help. Todd Rich Metalworking 1 October 6th 03 02:52 PM