Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default FS -- 10 HP 3 phase Reliance motor

new in box

1725 RPM IIRC

Reliance Duty Master

I am fed up with ebay, would prefer to sell right here.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:07:06 -0500, Ignoramus9283
wrote:

new in box

That's going to be a rather heavy box. "Here, Catch!"

1725 RPM IIRC

Reliance Duty Master

I am fed up with ebay, would prefer to sell right here.

Hint: People need a few more clues, like frame size, shaft size and
type, voltage(s), type of enclosure (Open air over, Open Dripproof,
TEFC), unit is shipping or pick-up from (IIRC) Chicago IL, etc., etc.,
etc.

You know better, Iggy! Make like you are putting this on E-bay
because a customer here would need to know all this too.

Just copy off everything on the motor data plate and put it in the
post - people who are interested and think they can make use of the
motor can go find a manufacturer's picture of it.

If you need something special like perhaps a 50 HP 480V vertical
shaft drip-proof drop-shaft deep well motor, there is no other
replacement but another matching motor.

Had a customer lose one of those recently as he hit the "Start"
button from 20 feet away, I'm told it was a wonderful big gout of
flame coming out the end-shell for a few seconds, till the fuses
finally let go. And LOUD...

-- Bruce --

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

new in box

That's going to be a rather heavy box. "Here, Catch!"

Has a mini pallet on the bottom.

It is not that heavy, like all 10 HP motors it weighs maybe 130 lbs.

1725 RPM IIRC

Reliance Duty Master

I am fed up with ebay, would prefer to sell right here.

Hint: People need a few more clues, like frame size, shaft size and
type, voltage(s), type of enclosure (Open air over, Open Dripproof,
TEFC), unit is shipping or pick-up from (IIRC) Chicago IL, etc., etc.,
etc.

You know better, Iggy! Make like you are putting this on E-bay
because a customer here would need to know all this too.

Sorry.

I think that it is 1725 RPM, ODP, continuous duty, 215T frame
motor. Cast iron frame. Free pickup in Lisle, IL, price is $200
(rec.crafts.metalworking special). Specs subject to verification.

UPS shipping at cost also, it will be pricey but UPS will take it.

Just copy off everything on the motor data plate and put it in the
post - people who are interested and think they can make use of the
motor can go find a manufacturer's picture of it.

If you need something special like perhaps a 50 HP 480V vertical
shaft drip-proof drop-shaft deep well motor, there is no other
replacement but another matching motor.

Had a customer lose one of those recently as he hit the "Start"
button from 20 feet away, I'm told it was a wonderful big gout of
flame coming out the end-shell for a few seconds, till the fuses
finally let go. And LOUD...

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

new in box

1725 RPM IIRC

Reliance Duty Master

I am fed up with ebay, would prefer to sell right here.

How much?

Would make a Great RPC
"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't
caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity
isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries
Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate
results." - John Tucci,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Id have loved to seen the video of that one.

Saw a 660 volt motor on a steam generator here in the oil patch go
west once. Very pretty..most spectacter.

And louder than the genny itself..and thats saying a lot

Gunner

-- Bruce --

"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't
caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity
isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries
Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate
results." - John Tucci,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

new in box

1725 RPM IIRC

Reliance Duty Master

I am fed up with ebay, would prefer to sell right here.

How much?

200 USA dollars. I used to sell them for $250 in new condition. I
priced it cheaper than any comparable motor available as buy it now on
ebay.

Would make a Great RPC

yep.

My RPC has a 10HP motor as one of the idlers. The other is 7.5 HP.

"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't
caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity
isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries
Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate
results." - John Tucci,

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-08-25, Gunner Asch wrote:
Id have loved to seen the video of that one.

Saw a 660 volt motor on a steam generator here in the oil patch go
west once. Very pretty..most spectacter.

And louder than the genny itself..and thats saying a lot

I saw a 5 HP motor vibrating badly due to bad bearing... Not a pretty
picture.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 12:34:51 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus9283 quickly quoth:

wrote:

new in box

That's going to be a rather heavy box. "Here, Catch!"

Has a mini pallet on the bottom.

It is not that heavy, like all 10 HP motors it weighs maybe 130 lbs.

The big question: Can Ms. UPS lift it onto her truck?

--
Smokey the Bear's rules for fire safety should apply to government:
Keep it small, keep it in a confined area, and keep an eye on it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

new in box

That's going to be a rather heavy box. "Here, Catch!"

Has a mini pallet on the bottom.

It is not that heavy, like all 10 HP motors it weighs maybe 130 lbs.

The big question: Can Ms. UPS lift it onto her truck?

Yes, she can.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/