Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default who's got parts for the OLD "whiteface" dialarc HF's? need the RAREside decals, & new faceplates...

called around, and visited the both miller dealer/shops here in town.
even called miller in appleton WI. all told me these old dialarc side
decals are "no longer available". anybody have any of these under your
bench or in your bottom toolbox drawer? drop me a e-mail PLEASE. the two
I need would look like this:

http://www.image-upload.net/files/53...er_round90.jpg
(click image 1 time to see the GIANT version)

I could also stand a nice new faceplate. these are still available, but,
they want for the faceplate ALONE 50 bucks less than I paid for the
entire MACHINE...so, let me know if any of you guys got any for me? I'll
PAY (but not enough to pay off the mortgage on your villa in the south
of france). I'm looking into tooling up for silkscreening. mine's a bit
sorry looking (and doesn't look better after cleaning with 409 and, in
spots, Q-tips soaked with Castrol SuperClean):

http://www.image-upload.net/files/53..._faceplate.jpg
dialarc_faceplate.jpg (JPEG Image, 2914x1641 pixels) - Scaled (55%)

last question:

anybody know what the text is supposed to be on the sticker on my
faceplate? the one right below the words "single phase", in the high
upper-left (my faceplate image)? after the word "WARNING", was it
something to the effect of "lethal voltages can kill you and blah-blah"
or what? I've googled up and looked at lots of old dialarc images on
ebay, too, but -nobody- seems to have an old dialarc (or any older
miller welder, for that matter) where that sticker is anything other
than "all bleached out white" looking.

thanks guys :-)

toolie
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I do not really see the point of this (replacing decal and
faceplate).

These machines do not really wear out. They may get dusty inside and
need points to get refurbished but that is all. So there is no point
in representing a machine as "less used" than it is for the purpose of
selling it. (I am not saying that this is what your plan was, of
course, I am sure that it is not as you would not ask about it
publicly then)

And if you want your machine to look nicer in your garage, you can
just paint it and use masking tape, or some such.

Have you looked at any websites than can print custom decals for you?
Are there any?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 20:29:02 -0400, dave
wrote:

[...]

The orange sticker on my Dialarc HF just says arc welding can be
hazardous, blah blah blah. I could email you a photo if you like.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

OK, Dave.
If you just gotta have such decals, you would need an old retired
silk-screener. I guess I cold make them up. Of course, I'm retired - how
else would I have the tme? In a former incarnation, (no, that's not some
kinda flower) I owned and operated a sign shop. I made such sort ofdecals
all the time. The issue now would be time & materials. In order to make
exactly what you want, I'd have to have an original, to match the colors and
styles exactly.

It would take some time, as I have just had the shop built, I don't have
any of the setup I would need - but it COULD be done. If you exhaust all the
other easy options - get in touch. It would make a heckuvva end-of-summer
project.

Flash

"dave" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

just so you know, if you have an image of the decal, you can buy material to
print on with laser or ink jet (two different materials) that then makes
decals you can transfer

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

http://www.decalshoppe.com/lincoln_electric_items

http://billswelderrepair.com/Engine-Drives.html

Found some stuff I needed here.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-08-13, William Noble wrote:

just so you know, if you have an image of the decal, you can buy material to
print on with laser or ink jet (two different materials) that then makes
decals you can transfer

From the image posted, this looked a bit larger than the typical
laser printer or ink spitter would handle. But I didn't bother reading
the dimensions in the image. That image was *gigantic*. and I had to
shrink it -- or scroll all over in it. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Ive got a black faced one...Dialarc 250. I can shoot you a picture,
and you can do a negative reversal..giving you black on white

Gunner