Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default who's got parts for the OLD "whiteface" dialarc HF's? need the RARE side decals, & new faceplates...

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 20:29:02 -0400, dave
wrote:

called around, and visited the both miller dealer/shops here in town.
even called miller in appleton WI. all told me these old dialarc side
decals are "no longer available". anybody have any of these under your
bench or in your bottom toolbox drawer? drop me a e-mail PLEASE. the two
I need would look like this:

http://www.image-upload.net/files/53...er_round90.jpg
(click image 1 time to see the GIANT version)

I could also stand a nice new faceplate. these are still available, but,
they want for the faceplate ALONE 50 bucks less than I paid for the
entire MACHINE...so, let me know if any of you guys got any for me? I'll
PAY (but not enough to pay off the mortgage on your villa in the south
of france). I'm looking into tooling up for silkscreening. mine's a bit
sorry looking (and doesn't look better after cleaning with 409 and, in
spots, Q-tips soaked with Castrol SuperClean):

http://www.image-upload.net/files/53..._faceplate.jpg
dialarc_faceplate.jpg (JPEG Image, 2914x1641 pixels) - Scaled (55%)

last question:

anybody know what the text is supposed to be on the sticker on my
faceplate? the one right below the words "single phase", in the high
upper-left (my faceplate image)? after the word "WARNING", was it
something to the effect of "lethal voltages can kill you and blah-blah"
or what?

The orange sticker on my Dialarc HF just says arc welding can be
hazardous, blah blah blah. I could email you a photo if you like.