Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Train trip -- Midwest floods

The amount of land stil flooded after midwest floods, is like a smal
country. I did not realize just how much was flooded, homesand cars
abandonded, etc.

sorry for typos

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus27906 wrote:

The amount of land stil flooded after midwest floods, is like a smal
country. I did not realize just how much was flooded, homesand cars
abandonded, etc.

I'm paying 25% more for yukon golds, my potatoe of choice. Really doesn't matter where it
is grown, a lot of the potato crop got drownded. Katrina was a small event, politically
driven. Keep your mind and eyes open.

Wes

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

Ignoramus27906 wrote:

The amount of land stil flooded after midwest floods, is like a smal
country. I did not realize just how much was flooded, homesand cars
abandonded, etc.

I'm paying 25% more for yukon golds, my potatoe of choice. Really doesn't matter where it
is grown, a lot of the potato crop got drownded. Katrina was a small event, politically
driven. Keep your mind and eyes open.

Wes

Katrina *was* a significant event, but the media coverage of it and it's
aftermath has indeed been very politically biased. The media coverage
has nearly exclusively focused on the areas of high minority population,
portraying them as victims of the storm, the government, crime, etc. and
how all these years later the taxpayers haven't rebuilt everything for
the poor disadvantaged minorities. There has been virtually no media
coverage of the similarly walloped areas of Mississippi where the
population is/was similarly poor, but instead of whining for the
government to do everything for them, they went to work rebuilding.
Covering that wouldn't be politically correct since that population is
the wrong color and showing what's happened there might undermine the
New Orleans story. Pretty disgusting, what journalistic integrity there
used to be has been totally replaced by political bias.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Pete C." wrote in message
ter.com...

[...]

Simply the medias version of affermative action.

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"azotic" wrote:

Simply the medias version of affermative action.

Gosh, once a racial bias was described as discrimination, the English language has morphed
into Orwellian New Speak.

Wes

Gas or heat pump in Midwest? Steven Andrade Home Repair 56 October 22nd 07 06:00 PM
State Farm HO Ins. in midwest US Puddin' Man Home Repair 27 August 21st 07 12:01 AM
Floods. Weatherlawyer UK diy 52 July 11th 07 07:20 PM
8" jointer $300 (Midwest) AL Woodworking 11 September 12th 05 02:54 PM
AD: Mini Midwest Symposium WSWMO Admin Woodturning 0 August 11th 04 02:47 PM