Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default $520

Cliff wrote:

IIRC It's more like 5 MPG ... and 5/20 = 25%. Plus you save a lot of tire
wear & have better braking & control.

Cliffy do you read any of the replies to your blather?
If so, what youre saying is to OVER INFLATE your tires
to get lower rolling resistance, which reduces the contact
patch and will INCREASE the wear on the center of the tire
reducing the life of same. Also reducing the braking and
control. The tire manufacturers know what pressure is
appropiate for a tire, I think a lot than some politician.
...lew... If he dosent reply we know he dosen't even
read the thread. :-)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 08:21:01 -0600, Lew Hartswick
wrote:

Cliff wrote:

IIRC It's more like 5 MPG ... and 5/20 = 25%. Plus you save a lot of tire
wear & have better braking & control.

Cliffy do you read any of the replies to your blather?
If so, what youre saying is to OVER INFLATE your tires
to get lower rolling resistance, which reduces the contact
patch and will INCREASE the wear on the center of the tire
reducing the life of same. Also reducing the braking and
control. The tire manufacturers know what pressure is
appropiate for a tire, I think a lot than some politician.
...lew... If he dosent reply we know he dosen't even
read the thread. :-)

So when one has to replace tires more often because of increased
wear...will there be any energy savings?

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those
who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality",
John F. Kennedy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Gunner Asch
wrote on Tue, 05 Aug 2008 10:20:06 -0700
in rec.crafts.metalworking :
wrote:

Cliff wrote:

IIRC It's more like 5 MPG ... and 5/20 = 25%. Plus you save a lot of tire
wear & have better braking & control.

Cliffy do you read any of the replies to your blather?
If so, what youre saying is to OVER INFLATE your tires
to get lower rolling resistance, which reduces the contact
patch and will INCREASE the wear on the center of the tire
reducing the life of same. Also reducing the braking and
control. The tire manufacturers know what pressure is
appropiate for a tire, I think a lot than some politician.
...lew... If he dosent reply we know he dosen't even
read the thread. :-)

So when one has to replace tires more often because of increased
wear...will there be any energy savings?

I can't recall, is it taller tires which make the gas mileage go
up, or lower ones?
--
pyotr filipivich
"I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:
I can't recall, is it taller tires which make the gas mileage go
up, or lower ones?
--
pyotr filipivich

Well if you put smaller diameter tires/whels on, it'll make the
odometer turn over faster so if you calculate your mileage
from that data it will "increase the MPG" :-)
It's a wonder O' hasent come up with that one. :-)
...lew...