Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Homemade utility wagons

RCM only

On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 23:38:58 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus22807 quickly quoth:

I have decided to upgrade my home generator and bought a 20 kW
Onan generator.

I have looked at it prior to bidding and found it to be in a tip top
shape.

As an aside, it has a very familiar to me Cummins L423 engine. To find
out more about that engine, type "L423D" in google.com and the first
approximately 10 entries are related to me and the specific ones that
I fixed up 2 years ago, with your assistance.

My L423D running, is shown he

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVxHrMRQyvw

Is that a yarmulke you're wearing there, Ig? bseg

Anyway. The thing comes with a separate dual walled 120 gallon fuel
tank. The whole package, as in the generator, the tank, and the
enclosure to be built, will weigh approximately 2200 lbs.

Very cool package. Congrats.

I have two obvious options for installing it:

1) Install it on a stationary pad.

2) Install it on some sort of a "wagon" so that later it is easier to
move it, sell it etc. This will also, in my mind, make it a "portable
generator on wheels" and will simplify a lot of legal bull****.

A 1+ ton wagon would have to be pretty heavy duty.

So. Has anyone built any such offroad wagons that could be pulled by a
bobcat, or a few men fueled by meat and beer.

Newp.

I have some experience building trailers, e.g. if you search
http://images.google.com/, and type "homemade trailer", the first
entry would be mine. The "wagon" is considerably easier to build,
I think, due to its offroad nature.

Aren't those rectangles in the base forklift holes? Maybe you could
build a wagon which straddles the Onan and has forks which pick it up.
A spider-like overhead pallet lift, if you will.
(NOT like this. http://www.spiderlifts.com/ )

Better yet, make a 4WD setup for your basic 2T shop crane. Bolt on
large pneumatic wheels and a steerable front, then use the standard
crane to lift the Onan, resting/bolting it on steel crossbeams once
it's up. (I should patent this 4WD shop crane idea.)

--
A great preservative against angry and mutinous thoughts, and all
impatience and quarreling, is to have some great business and
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 5, 9:58*am, Larry Jaques wrote:

Better yet, make a 4WD setup for your basic 2T shop crane. Bolt on
large pneumatic wheels and a steerable front, then use the standard
crane to lift the Onan, resting/bolting it on steel crossbeams once
it's up. (I should patent this 4WD shop crane idea.)

Three wheels and solid tires work better. Any bounce or tilt makes the
load swing. I added fixed-axle steel wheels under the load and a
trailer tongue jack with outrigger tires to the mast end, with a long
handle attached to the jack's axle to pull and steer it. It's a
Spreuer crane which is different from the folding imports so the
details don't apply.

Jim Wilkins
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 5, 10:57*am, Jim Wilkins wrote:
...It's a
Spreuer crane which is different from the folding imports so the
details don't apply.
Jim Wilkins

Actually "Hoosier", Spreuer made it. I spent the afternoon hauling an
1100 Lb boulder out back into the woods with it. The ground is soft
from continual rain since June but otherwise it made a good self-

The utility of the overall uniforms is also very important. Overalluniforms increase in utility by the addition of pockets. Check out how manypockets will be suitable for your workers' uniforms. The trouser will have twoside pockets and one back pock [email protected] UK diy 0 April 19th 08 11:24 AM
The utility of the overall uniforms is also very important. Overalluniforms increase in utility by the addition of pockets. Check out how manypockets will be suitable for your workers' uniforms. The trouser will have twoside pockets and one back pock [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 April 19th 08 11:18 AM
Utility cost barry martin Home Repair 0 October 1st 04 02:51 AM
utility chuck Wizard Woodturning 1 August 1st 04 12:18 PM
Utility room MGA UK diy 1 July 4th 03 03:25 PM