Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Autopsy Report on Cruis'n Rulz!

As The Wrench Turns...
Got the heads off; and posted some pics on the metalworking Dropbox
at:
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/
See valve.jpg 3 pics
No damage to the cylinder wall or head, and just a couple minor dings
on the piston crown. Lucky me.
JR
Dweller in the cellar
Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 22:49:03 -0700, JR North
wrote:

As The Wrench Turns...
Got the heads off; and posted some pics on the metalworking Dropbox
at:
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/
See valve.jpg 3 pics
No damage to the cylinder wall or head, and just a couple minor dings
on the piston crown. Lucky me.
JR

Are any dings near the edge? if so it bent the piston edge down and
the top ring is now stuck. or broken.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

JR North wrote:

No damage to the cylinder wall or head, and just a couple minor dings
on the piston crown. Lucky me.

Speaking of dinged pistons.... my Escort dropped a valve
seat, a not at all uncommon problem with the brand.

What stunned me was getting the head off and finding a light
ding in #4 piston that was created by a sharp edged curved
object. One ding only. Slight damage to the aluminum around
the intake valve seat. The seat came out, kissed the piston,
and found it's way back into the head, with amazingly little
damage! I would not have bet a nickel on that happening....

Jon

The Continuing Saga of Repairing Cruis'n Rulz! JR North Metalworking 2 July 23rd 08 09:09 PM
Autopsy on the body of a voltage regulator n cook Electronics Repair 3 July 10th 06 11:28 AM
rip off report HeatMan Home Repair 13 March 22nd 06 12:10 AM
The new toy report Mary Fisher UK diy 20 May 24th 05 10:13 PM