Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Al Gore's Doomsday Clock

I'm really glad Al didn't win.

http://online.wsj.com/public/article_print/SB121668313890771925.html

The Wall Street Journal, July 22, 2008; Page A17.

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joseph Gwinn wrote:

I'm really glad Al didn't win.

http://online.wsj.com/public/article_print/SB121668313890771925.html

The Wall Street Journal, July 22, 2008; Page A17.

Joe Gwinn

I think the price of hydrocarbon related energy is going to take us to nuclear and Algore
will get his dreams fulfilled but not for his reasons.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
Wes wrote:

Joseph Gwinn wrote:

I'm really glad Al didn't win.

http://online.wsj.com/public/article_print/SB121668313890771925.html

The Wall Street Journal, July 22, 2008; Page A17.

Joe Gwinn

I think the price of hydrocarbon related energy is going to take us to
nuclear and Algore
will get his dreams fulfilled but not for his reasons.

Al doesn't talk about nuclear at all.

Nor can the transition take only ten years. Even if we had the plans
for the perfect energy source in hand today, it would take decades to
accomplish the transition.

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 24, 12:17 am, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
I'm really glad Al didn't win.

http://online.wsj.com/public/article_print/SB121668313890771925.html

The Wall Street Journal, July 22, 2008; Page A17.

Joe Gwinn

Hey, it doesn't matter a rats arse what we believe - our Grandchildren
will be the ones who get the end result....

Andrew VK3BFA.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Joseph Gwinn" wrote in message
I'm really glad Al didn't win.

Yeah, we probably wouldn't be having the booming good times like we are now
if he was president.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Every time I turn around the Environmental extremists have missed the facts
and chosen wrongly.

They are years behind the ball and have no idea valid in the proper time.

They are never willing to provide answers just demands.

They are never willing to live under the extreme lifestyles they demand.

They cost our lives with stupid things like 5 MPH bumpers to drop weight.

They continue to chant change - but don't provide a solution that is possible.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Joseph Gwinn wrote:
I'm really glad Al didn't win.

http://online.wsj.com/public/article_print/SB121668313890771925.html

The Wall Street Journal, July 22, 2008; Page A17.

Joe Gwinn

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in
:

They continue to chant change - but don't provide a solution that is
possible.

Just like Obama!

--
I used to be an anarchist but had to give it up: _far_ too many rules.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joseph Gwinn wrote:
I'm really glad Al didn't win.

Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word
itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words -
"mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's
why so is mankind.

- Jack -
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I'm really glad Al didn't win.

What could he have done that could have ended worse than what we have?
I'm sure he would have tried

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"nick hull" wrote in message
.. .

I'm really glad Al didn't win.

What could he have done that could have ended worse than what we have?
I'm sure he would have tried

Probably true, but you have to acknowledge that some folks are just better
than others. When it comes to messing things up Bush has shown to have no
peer. It's very unlikely that any of the other potential presidents could
have done a better, more thorough job of bungling. Could Gore have matched
Bush? No way. He just doesn't have that kind of talent.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 06:00:17 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Eregon
Eregon@Saphira.ørg quickly quoth:

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in
:

They continue to chant change - but don't provide a solution that is
possible.

Just like Obama!

Speaking of which...

--snip--
Years ago, there was an old tale in the Marine Corps about a
lieutenant who inspected his Marines and told the 'Gunny' that they
smelled bad.

The lieutenant suggested that they change their underwear. The Gunny
responded, 'Aye, aye, sir, I'll see to it immediately'.

He went into the tent and said, 'The lieutenant thinks you guys smell
bad, and wants you to change your underwear. Smith, you change with
Jones, McCarthy, you change with Witkowskie, Brown, you change with
Schultz. Get to it'.

The moral:

A candidate may promise change in Washington but don't count on
things smelling any better.
--snip--

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
[...]

Nice story. But you have a better chance of a change with someone that has
promised to make changes than with someone who's agenda is to stay the
course.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
"Hawke" wrote:

A candidate may promise change in Washington but don't count on
things smelling any better.

Nice story. But you have a better chance of a change with someone that has
promised to make changes than with someone who's agenda is to stay the
course.

Can zero be better than zero?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joseph Gwinn wrote:

Nor can the transition take only ten years. Even if we had the plans
for the perfect energy source in hand today, it would take decades to
accomplish the transition.

Yes, just permitting electric transmission lines could take a decade.

Hard to believe they had people working in the pentagon 11 months after the start of
contruction.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
Wes wrote:

Joseph Gwinn wrote:

Nor can the transition take only ten years. Even if we had the plans
for the perfect energy source in hand today, it would take decades to
accomplish the transition.

Yes, just permitting electric transmission lines could take a decade.

Hard to believe they had people working in the pentagon 11 months after the
start of contruction.

Well, I wasn't worrying about this kind of stuff at all.

We already have a system of energy sources, built out to the scale
needed to power Civilization. Physical replacement of those existing
systems would take many decades, more likely a century.

Joe Gwinn

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Nor can the transition take only ten years. Even if we had the plans
for the perfect energy source in hand today, it would take decades to
accomplish the transition.

Yes, just permitting electric transmission lines could take a decade.

Hard to believe they had people working in the pentagon 11 months after

the
start of contruction.

Well, I wasn't worrying about this kind of stuff at all.

We already have a system of energy sources, built out to the scale
needed to power Civilization. Physical replacement of those existing
systems would take many decades, more likely a century.

Joe Gwinn

That's unless they were really, really serious about making the changes.
Then it could be done faster than you would believe. It only took a year to
build the Empire State Building and the Golden Gate Bridge. It's all a
matter of how desperate you are to make the changes. We ain't desperate
enough yet.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

That's unless they were really, really serious about making the changes.
Then it could be done faster than you would believe. It only took a year
build the Empire State Building and the Golden Gate Bridge. It's all a
matter of how desperate you are to make the changes. We ain't desperate
enough yet.

Golden Gate Bridge - Just over four years. Construction commenced on
January 5, 1933 and the Bridge was open to vehicular traffic on May 28,
1937.

Empire State Building - The building was actually completed ahead of
schedule, taking only one year and 45 days to build.

both have ample metal to almost be on topic.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244