Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Allegations that I like wire brushes too much...

may not entirely lack substance!

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/WirebrushingAllegations.jpg

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-07-23, Tom Gardner wrote:

"Ignoramus2245" wrote in message
may not entirely lack substance!

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/WirebrushingAllegations.jpg

Image stolen! Thanks!

Tom... Any idea what is that wire brush for? Cleaning barnacles off
submarines?

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus2245" wrote in message
may not entirely lack substance!

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/WirebrushingAllegations.jpg

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/

Image stolen! Thanks!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-07-23, Tom Gardner wrote:

"Ignoramus2245" wrote in message
may not entirely lack substance!

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/WirebrushingAllegations.jpg

Image stolen! Thanks!

Tom... Any idea what is that wire brush for? Cleaning barnacles off
submarines?

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/

Lots! Wide-faces are custom made for the machines they fit...usually. They are
for cleaning steel, texturizing wood or plastic, etc. Sometimes they are ganged
up to 10' wide or more and use 50+ HP to run them. I make up to 4" wide that
fit a machine that preps metal roofing, cleans floors for epoxy coating and NASA
uses them to clean their weightless simulation tanks.

Where the HELL did you get that? That's a $200+ brush if it's brass plated
steel, if it's brass, it's a $4-500 brush. 10" x 24" x 3" ???

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-07-23, Tom Gardner wrote:

"Ignoramus2245" wrote in message
may not entirely lack substance!

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/WirebrushingAllegations.jpg

Image stolen! Thanks!

Tom... Any idea what is that wire brush for? Cleaning barnacles off
submarines?

Lots! Wide-faces are custom made for the machines they fit...usually. They are
for cleaning steel, texturizing wood or plastic, etc. Sometimes they are ganged
up to 10' wide or more and use 50+ HP to run them. I make up to 4" wide that
fit a machine that preps metal roofing, cleans floors for epoxy coating and NASA
uses them to clean their weightless simulation tanks.

Now that I have a lathe... I am tempted to make a arbor for it and
connect to a motor...

Where the HELL did you get that?

http://www.bidtopia.com/detail.aspx?id=385307

That's a $200+ brush if it's brass plated steel, if it's brass, it's
a $4-500 brush. 10" x 24" x 3" ???

It is a 12x18x3" brass plated steel brush.
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-07-23, Tom Gardner wrote:

"Ignoramus2245" wrote in message
may not entirely lack substance!

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/WirebrushingAllegations.jpg

Image stolen! Thanks!

Tom... Any idea what is that wire brush for? Cleaning barnacles off
submarines?

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/

Lots! Wide-faces are custom made for the machines they fit...usually. They are
for cleaning steel, texturizing wood or plastic, etc. Sometimes they are ganged
up to 10' wide or more and use 50+ HP to run them. I make up to 4" wide that
fit a machine that preps metal roofing, cleans floors for epoxy coating and NASA
uses them to clean their weightless simulation tanks.

Where the HELL did you get that? That's a $200+ brush if it's brass plated
steel, if it's brass, it's a $4-500 brush. 10" x 24" x 3" ???

How about the ones we use here in the "Frozen North" to clear snow and
slush from our airport runways. Made up of rings installed on a
mandrel with spacers between the rings, the assembled brush is around
25' long by 3' diameter (I haven't been real close to one for over 25
years) driven, along with a very large squirrel cage blower by a big
diesel engine and towed behind the snow plow. The brush wires are
somewhere around 0.030 x 0.250 x ~8" long. Is it any wonder we have to
repaint runway markings every year?
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I think most of the brass-plated steel brushes are made from remnants of the
steel belted tire industry. I find they are too thin for most work, but
burnish pretty well.

Wire drill brushes. Need wider range Tom[_7_] UK diy 4 July 23rd 08 01:03 PM
wire brushes Fred UK diy 4 June 1st 08 02:51 PM
el wire rope lighting electroluminescent FLEXIBLE NEON WIRE (KPT SERIES) [email protected] Home Repair 0 September 5th 06 10:13 PM
Short lifetime of wire cup brushes Christopher Tidy Metalworking 19 July 5th 05 10:31 AM