Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default "4oz ball pein" what was the troll about?

well it wasnt a troll it was a serious question.

locally in a year of searching I havent seen a single solitary 4oz
ball pein anywhere I've looked.

the purpose was/is to do the metal forming on a set of replacement
cowlings for an Auster J1b. these are out of aluminium with a rolled
wire edge. my two little ball pein hammers are superb for the way I
work but with lots of use they have rougher faces than what I'd like.

what I wanted was some new hammers that I could polish the faces on
exclusively for aircraft metal work.

from the links that you guys posted I'm green with envy :-) at the
sheer diversity of tools you guys have in america.

what are we coming to in australia when you can only buy 4oz ball pein
hammers mail order from america. rolls eyes when I started out to
get some new ones I would never have believed that in a year of
looking I'd be able to say that I still havent found any.

thanks
Stealth Pilot