Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Machining Curriculum

From time to time the question about what specific things are most
important to learn about machining.

I have scanned the 1990 curriculum of the state of CT Vo-Tech machine
tool program. This scan is in PDF. Also available is the current
curriculum in DOC format.

I base my teaching mostly on the 1990 program as the new and improved
program is, in my opinion, greatly water down particularly in the
basics.

It should be understood that students perform shop assignments based
on the information learned in the classroom.

I hope that you find this information interesting and welcome your
thoughts and comments on our program.

I am posting this message in several locations so don't be surprised
if you see multiple copies.

http://neme-s.org/Shaper%20Books/shaper_book_page.htm

Link is near the bottom of the page.

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department
H.H. Ellis Technical High School
Danielson, CT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Excellent post, Errol. You are a gentleman and a scholar. See you ar NAMES again next year, I
hope.

Bob (Am I too old to enroll) Swinney

From time to time the question about what specific things are most