Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Trailer fenders

ANy idea on how to make some dual axle trailer fenders at home
cheaply. I bought a used trailer and it desparetly needs new fenders
but they are major money!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
* * is offline

stryped wrote in article
ANy idea on how to make some dual axle trailer fenders at home
cheaply. I bought a used trailer and it desparetly needs new fenders
but they are major money!

Frame them with cut/welded angle iron, then cover with sheet metal riveted
to the angle iron.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 08:12:15 -0500, "*" wrote:

stryped wrote in article
ANy idea on how to make some dual axle trailer fenders at home
cheaply. I bought a used trailer and it desparetly needs new fenders
but they are major money!

Frame them with cut/welded angle iron, then cover with sheet metal riveted
to the angle iron.

Or plywood,
Or old rubber belting. (think treadmill)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 08:12:15 -0500, "*" wrote:

stryped wrote in article
ANy idea on how to make some dual axle trailer fenders at home
cheaply. I bought a used trailer and it desparetly needs new fenders
but they are major money!

Frame them with cut/welded angle iron, then cover with sheet metal riveted
to the angle iron.

Or plywood,
Or old rubber belting. (think treadmill)

If you can find some metal culvert pieces, they make very sturdy
fenders. Kinda ugly, though.
I agree with the angle iron / sheet steel fabrication, if you can get it
as scrap. Think bed rails and water heater tanks.

--

Ron Thompson
Riding my '07 XL883C Sportster

http://www.plansandprojects.com
My hobby pages are he

Visit the castinghobby FAQ:

Add yourself to the member map he
http://www.frappr.com/castinghobby

Want to have some fun? The next time you're at McDonald's, wait until
the kid has your change ready and then say "Wait, I've got the two cents."
-Ron Thompson

Trailer ponderings ....... SteveB Metalworking 23 November 26th 07 12:01 AM
Trailer Questions SteveB Metalworking 23 August 27th 07 06:31 PM
Using a boat trailer as a utility trailer? Toller Home Repair 7 May 2nd 07 02:17 PM
Do I want a trailer jack for my little trailer mm Home Repair 27 January 11th 07 10:27 PM
A woodchuck under the trailer Stormin Mormon Home Repair 12 August 30th 05 08:28 PM