Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default slotter keyseater

I've had a Bridgeport slotter on the back of my bridgy mill for years.
Seldom used but very handy when needed. Alas, I sold this mill and have no
way to mount it anymore.
I'm wondering about a replacement machine. The shapers I've seen don't look
too handy because most of my use is for inside splines and slots. A rotary
table and vise don't look easy on a shaper.

I came across this: http://tinyurl.com/5hfjnt

Anybody know about this machine?
Are there other good suggestions on what to look for?

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I came across this: http://tinyurl.com/5hfjnt

Anybody know about this machine?

bad form to reply to my own post?

Looks like tooling would cost a fortune for a keyseater. I won't go this
route. I'm on the hunt for some way to make inside splines,square
holes,keyways etc.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 05:53:08 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

I came across this: http://tinyurl.com/5hfjnt

Anybody know about this machine?

bad form to reply to my own post?

Looks like tooling would cost a fortune for a keyseater. I won't go this
route. I'm on the hunt for some way to make inside splines,square
holes,keyways etc.

Karl

Where's the tooling that was with the keyseater before they scrapped it?

With $200 for loading I'd expect it to be carried onto the trailer by a team
of 6 eunuchs all matched in height and without visible whip marks or blemishes
:-|

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jun 20, 6:53 am, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:
I came across this:http://tinyurl.com/5hfjnt

Anybody know about this machine?

bad form to reply to my own post?

Looks like tooling would cost a fortune for a keyseater. I won't go this
route. I'm on the hunt for some way to make inside splines,square
holes,keyways etc.

Karl

How can you pass up an excuse to try rotary broaching?

Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:

I've had a Bridgeport slotter on the back of my bridgy mill for years.
Seldom used but very handy when needed. Alas, I sold this mill and have no
way to mount it anymore.
I'm wondering about a replacement machine. The shapers I've seen don't look
too handy because most of my use is for inside splines and slots. A rotary
table and vise don't look easy on a shaper.

I came across this: http://tinyurl.com/5hfjnt

Anybody know about this machine?
Are there other good suggestions on what to look for?

Karl

So you're selling your Bpt. slotter? It would probably look good mounted
on the back end of my old Bridgeport...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

So you're selling your Bpt. slotter? It would probably look good mounted
on the back end of my old Bridgeport...

Its for sale, AFTER I find something to replace it. A deep plan B: is to
mount it on a dead (parts donor) knee mill I have sitting in the barn.

Karl