Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default PICTURE -- Big vs. small impact wrench

RCM only

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 12:47:57 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, B A
R R Y quickly quoth:

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 10:03:38 -0800, "SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas
wrote:

As an aside, has anyone seen the Milwaukee .mwv file of the sports car
racing, and pulling in for a pit stop? The mechanic takes off the wheel,
and when he goes to retorque the wheel, the whole car flips over and slams
on its roof. Very nicely done, and very realistic. I have it in my files,
but don't know how to post it. It used to be a URL.

A few weeks back at Lime Rock, I was surprised to see far, far more
18V impact drivers in the pits and garages than air versions.

I remember seeing DeWalt, Milwaukee, and Makita, with about 75%
DeWalt.

There were a mixture of teams, ranging from Joe Gibbs, Roush, and
various factory (Subaru, Acura, VW, BMW, MINI, etc...) road racing
teams, to privateers with open trailers. The use of cordless drivers
was pretty universal.

My little 14.4v Bosch 1/4" impact driver has enough torque to remove
the lug nuts on my truck. Avoiding tripping over air hoses in the
pits would definitely be a good and handy thing. And charging the
batteries is a whole helluva lot quieter than running a compressor.

--
Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of
leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-06-14, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:
My little 14.4v Bosch 1/4" impact driver has enough torque to remove
the lug nuts on my truck. Avoiding tripping over air hoses in the

Are you talking about your Tonka truck?
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 17:01:33 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus20633 quickly quoth:

On 2008-06-14, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:
My little 14.4v Bosch 1/4" impact driver has enough torque to remove
the lug nuts on my truck. Avoiding tripping over air hoses in the

Are you talking about your Tonka truck?

That's Toyota Tundra, turkey!

--
Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of
leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination
of nonessentials. -- Lin Yutang
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On 2008-06-14, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:
My little 14.4v Bosch 1/4" impact driver has enough torque to remove
the lug nuts on my truck. Avoiding tripping over air hoses in the

Are you talking about your Tonka truck?

That's Toyota Tundra, turkey!

That's what he said!

BTW, have you *ever* seen a Full-Sized Ota? (All that I've ever seen were
Toy Otas. grin)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 02:43:39 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "RAM³"
quickly quoth:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On 2008-06-14, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:
My little 14.4v Bosch 1/4" impact driver has enough torque to remove
the lug nuts on my truck. Avoiding tripping over air hoses in the

Are you talking about your Tonka truck?

That's Toyota Tundra, turkey!

That's what he said!

BTW, have you *ever* seen a Full-Sized Ota? (All that I've ever seen were
Toy Otas. grin)

Real cute.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/1...350-Tonka.html This is
a _Ford_ truck, bubba.