Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Good source of angle iron in SF Bay Area?

Hi all; what's the best place, in your opinion to get steel in the SF Bay
area? I'm looking at about $800 worth of angle iron from Alan Steel and
am still waiting for a quote from Metal Supermarket. Is this my best
bet?

--
-Ed Falk,
http://thespamdiaries.blogspot.com/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Edward A. Falk" wrote in message
Hi all; what's the best place, in your opinion to get steel in the SF Bay
area? (clip)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Have you checked Alco, at the corner of Doolittle Drive and Davis, San
Leandro. They have a lot of salvaged material at pretty good prices, as
well as new.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Edward A. Falk wrote:

Hi all; what's the best place, in your opinion to get steel in the SF Bay
area? I'm looking at about $800 worth of angle iron from Alan Steel and
am still waiting for a quote from Metal Supermarket. Is this my best
bet?

Not by a long shot.

PDM in Santa Clara will sell you known alloy in new steel for probably lower
cost than our friends at Alan Steel would charge for drops.

They Deliver Too! Call them would be my advice.

http://www.pdmsteel.com/dist_71.html

Also check out Allied Iron in Belmont:
http://allied-iron.com/default.aspx

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article dFo2k.650$3j2.258@trnddc03,
Winston wrote:
Edward A. Falk wrote:

PDM in Santa Clara will sell you known alloy in new steel for probably lower
cost than our friends at Alan Steel would charge for drops.

They Deliver Too! Call them would be my advice.

http://www.pdmsteel.com/dist_71.html

Also check out Allied Iron in Belmont:
http://allied-iron.com/default.aspx

Hi all; just a follow-up:

PDM had the best prices by far, $500 compared to Alan Steel's $840.

However, they only sell in 20-foot lengths and don't cut to order.
I'm not really equipped to handle 20' pieces of angle, so I went with
Allied Iron. They wanted $650, cut and ready to pick up. If time wasn't
a factor, I probably would have gone with PDM.

Thanks to those who replied.

-ed falk
--
-Ed Falk,
http://thespamdiaries.blogspot.com/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Edward A. Falk wrote:

Thanks to those who replied.

-ed falk

You're welcome, Ed.

--Winston

Good source of oak & maple hardwood in Boston area blueman Woodworking 2 October 18th 07 06:24 AM
Good source of hardwoods in Seattle area? Dan Woodworking 15 June 27th 06 02:03 AM
Cutting Angle Iron Pete C UK diy 20 August 22nd 05 08:13 PM
Angle Iron Bumper David De Vuono Metalworking 9 January 16th 04 10:29 PM
Angle Iron for a loft Jim Stewart Metalworking 1 July 17th 03 11:47 PM