David De Vuono

Default Angle Iron Bumper

If you are ever going to do some serious offroading in a Jeep you want
a front bumper only strong enough so that you can lift the truck with
a high-lift jack. I would use 2x4 tube 1/8 wall or 4 inch C-channel
3/16th. Later on you might want to add a winch and if you have too
big of a bumper you are gonna need heavier springs, etc etc etc. Keep
it light!
Dave
Charles A. Sherwood

If you are ever going to do some serious offroading in a Jeep you want
a front bumper only strong enough so that you can lift the truck with

Its important to keep an off road vehicle light. I am not sure this
is as important for on road use.

Mark

Gary Coffman wrote:

(Charles A. Sherwood) wrote:
Its important to keep an off road vehicle light. I am not sure this
is as important for on road use.

Caterpillar doesn't seem to agree, nor does John Deere.
Gary

Twit.

Mark

N.E. Ohio

Never argue with a fool, a bystander can't tell you apart.
(S. Clemens, A.K.A. Mark Twain)

When in doubt hit the throttle. It may not help but it sure
ends the suspense. (Gaz, r.moto)

JTMcC

"Charles A. Sherwood" wrote in message
If you are ever going to do some serious offroading in a Jeep you want
a front bumper only strong enough so that you can lift the truck with

Its important to keep an off road vehicle light. I am not sure this
is as important for on road use.

Off road vehicles range from mountain bikes, quads, desert racers, mud
boggers, rock crawlers, regular old pickups, military duece and a halfs, 5
tons, M-1A Abrams main battle tanks, Humvees, great big electric company
utility trucks, D-11's, pipelayers, and my favorite-welding rigs. Some are
very light, some (particularly those used for work) are very heavy.

JTMcC.

Charles A. Sherwood

If you are ever going to do some serious offroading in a Jeep you want

Off road vehicles range from mountain bikes, quads, desert racers, mud

I thought we were talking about car type vehicles, such as the JEEP
mentioned in the first line.....
JTMcC

"Charles A. Sherwood" wrote in message
If you are ever going to do some serious offroading in a Jeep you want

Off road vehicles range from mountain bikes, quads, desert racers, mud

I thought we were talking about car type vehicles, such as the JEEP
mentioned in the first line.....

Well, these things tend to go far afield at times, so feel free to talk
about whatever you want. I was responding to a couple of comments to the
effect that heavy off road vehicles, or off road vehicles with heavy loads
are a bad thing. To me, and I am prejudiced, they are a wonderful thing. In
fact, heavily loaded vehicles in an off road environment are a critical
component in the income stream at my humble abode. I didn't mean to offend
you, puleeez forgive me!

JTMcC. g