Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default HF band saw

Jim Chandler wrote:

stryped wrote:
We had a local store open up and they have the metal cutting band saw
for 150 bucks or so. I bought one of these cheap bandsaws at TSC
several years ago and went through two of them before I finally
returned them and bought a chop saw. The problem was the blade cutting
3 inch square tubing crooked.

Should I try it again or not?

I've had one of these saws for several years now and for $150 it's a
good bargain. In the vertical position you can cut sheet, something
that a chop saw can't do.

Jim

I seem to recall that there was a good web site or two around with
detailed instructions on tuning and tweaking these small band saws.