Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Oh ........... my ........... God

SteveB wrote:
Yesterday, I finally got ahold of a local artisan who makes fantastic
ornamental gates out of a combination of metals, and colors them with heat
and different sorts of platings. He said to call him next week and come
over and he'd show me a lot of how he does it. I want to get a job there
even if it's sweeping. I posted some of these gates at Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

Steve

Those are NICE! Thanks,

BobH
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 3 May 2008 09:04:21 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
"SteveB" toquerville,utah@zionvistas quickly quoth:

Yesterday, I finally got ahold of a local artisan who makes fantastic
ornamental gates out of a combination of metals, and colors them with heat
and different sorts of platings. He said to call him next week and come
over and he'd show me a lot of how he does it. I want to get a job there
even if it's sweeping. I posted some of these gates at Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

I thought that was your work, Steve. I saw the link a few months back
and was impressed. Was it not you who posted them?

--
Those who flee temptation generally leave a forwarding address.
-- Lane Olinghouse
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:
Yesterday, I finally got ahold of a local artisan who makes fantastic
ornamental gates out of a combination of metals, and colors them with heat
and different sorts of platings. He said to call him next week and come
over and he'd show me a lot of how he does it. I want to get a job there
even if it's sweeping. I posted some of these gates at Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

Steve

Hi Steve,
Do you know what a gate like those sell for?

Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" toquerville,utah@zionvistas wrote in message

"BobH" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:
Yesterday, I finally got ahold of a local artisan who makes fantastic
ornamental gates out of a combination of metals, and colors them with
heat and different sorts of platings. He said to call him next week and
come over and he'd show me a lot of how he does it. I want to get a job
there even if it's sweeping. I posted some of these gates at Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

Steve

Hi Steve,
Do you know what a gate like those sell for?

Bob

In a subdivision where people pay $1.5 million for a lot that is PURE
LAVA. To them, a $3k gate is chump change.

Steve

Hey - I'd guessed higher than that!

Works of art are worth more money than stock items, right?

The only thing that keeps SWMBO from badgering me to get one is that we
don't have a fence. grin

(She knows that I'm not skilled enough to make one for her.)