Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Info on CHAS. F. L'HOMMEDIEU & SONS CO. Grinder

I just bought one of these today. I can't find any reference to the
machines of L'Hommedieu anywhere. It's appears to be an old line shaft
machine converted to motor driven. About four feet wide with great
clearance for access to the wheels. Anyone have any info???
Thanks,
Ron Moore

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Tom is offline

Ron Moore wrote:
I just bought one of these today. I can't find any reference to the
machines of L'Hommedieu anywhere. It's appears to be an old line shaft
machine converted to motor driven. About four feet wide with great
clearance for access to the wheels. Anyone have any info???
Thanks,
Ron Moore

You sure it's not a polisher? C. F. L'Hommedieu & Sons Co.
were makers of plating dynamos, polishers, barrel platers etc.

Tom
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

That's possible, I suppose. This one is set up as a grinder at this point.
How would you tell the difference? It's very heavily built. Be a bit
before I have it home and can take pictures. Heavy cast iron base with a
"Y" at the top for the line shaft pulley (about a foot of space between the
bearing cases for the now missing overhead belt pulley (roller?). The
bearing cases (bushing?) are at least a foot wide and the shaft appears to
be one inch or a bit larger. The shaft extends almost a foot or so beyond
that on each side. Thanks for the help, Tom.
Ron

"Tom" wrote in message
Ron Moore wrote:
I just bought one of these today. I can't find any reference to the
machines of L'Hommedieu anywhere. It's appears to be an old line shaft
machine converted to motor driven. About four feet wide with great
clearance for access to the wheels. Anyone have any info???
Thanks,
Ron Moore

You sure it's not a polisher? C. F. L'Hommedieu & Sons Co.
were makers of plating dynamos, polishers, barrel platers etc.

Tom

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Tom is offline

"Tom" wrote in message

Ron Moore wrote:

I just bought one of these today. I can't find any reference to the
machines of L'Hommedieu anywhere. It's appears to be an old line shaft
machine converted to motor driven. About four feet wide with great
clearance for access to the wheels. Anyone have any info???
Thanks,
Ron Moore

You sure it's not a polisher? C. F. L'Hommedieu & Sons Co.
were makers of plating dynamos, polishers, barrel platers etc.

Tom

Mail me back by removing the spam and I'll send you a pic of one.

Tom