Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Looking for used mill

I have a friend looking for a used Bridgeport vertical mill or something
similar. Fargo, ND area or within reasonable distance, 500 miles for the
right machine. No junk, must be useable.
Greg

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Several have shown up lately on
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/tls/
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/se...min&maxAsk=max
The nice ones go fast.

Greg O wrote:
I have a friend looking for a used Bridgeport vertical mill or something
similar. Fargo, ND area or within reasonable distance, 500 miles for the
right machine. No junk, must be useable.
Greg

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I have a friend looking for a used Bridgeport vertical mill or something
similar. Fargo, ND area or within reasonable distance, 500 miles for the
right machine. No junk, must be useable.
Greg

I've been wanting to upgrade from R8 to taper 40 tooling. To help afford a
new machine, I'd like to sell my biridgy. But only after i locate another
unit. If you're not in a huge hurry, I'm just south of St. Cloud, MN.

Email me off list karltowsendATembarqmail.com

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

How "good" a Bridgeport does he want? There's a company in Roberts
Wisconsin that rebuilds them and, from what I have seen, does a fine
job. They don't sell any J heads, only newer ones, at least having
variable speed. They offer power drawbars, DRO's, etc. They even have
EZ Traks from time to time (sigh). I've been there 2 or 3 times and
they had several to choose from each time. It's like going to a candy
store. A friend of mine bought a pretty much "fully loaded" one from
them a couple of years ago and is happy with it. Not cheap, but good.

A & D Machine Tool Rebuilding Inc. Phone: 715-749-3065. 105 Packer Dr,
Roberts, WI 54023

Roberts WI is about 20 miles east of the east edge of St. Paul MN, so I
think it's within your travel radius.

Pete Stanaitis