Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Kill filter for Googlemail

I thought that I understood regular expressions but it seems that
everything I try doesn't work.

Would some kind soul smarter than I please explain how to set up a
Forte Agent kill filter for anything coming from Googlemail?

Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things
http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Are you trying to killfile Googlegroups, or something else?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Marv wrote:

Would some kind soul smarter than I please explain how to set up a
Forte Agent kill filter for anything coming from Googlemail?

Installing nfilter which acts like a nntp proxy would likely be easiest.
Point nfilter to your nntp provider, point newsreader at localhost and the
deal is done after you config it.

I wish Agent made it easier to filter on nntp provider and put killed
messages in a trash folder in case one's filter statements were just a I bit
too agressive.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 16:04:32 GMT, Marv
wrote:

I thought that I understood regular expressions but it seems that
everything I try doesn't work.

Would some kind soul smarter than I please explain how to set up a
Forte Agent kill filter for anything coming from Googlemail?

Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things
http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Try something like this:

Author: {.*andhralo.*|.*padini.*}

Slip the google term of your choice in between the first "*"
and the next "." So:

Author: {.*andhralo.*|.*padini.*|.*googlemail.*}

This will filter out all authors that have either
"andhralo", "padini" or "googlemail" somewhere in the
address. The "|" means "or", ".*" means match any character
zero or more times. Add more words to this same filter if
you wish and/or delete obsolete entries.

Agent can only filter on "Author (or From)" and "Subject"
headers when retrieving messages...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Marv wrote:

I thought that I understood regular expressions but it seems that
everything I try doesn't work.

Would some kind soul smarter than I please explain how to set up a
Forte Agent kill filter for anything coming from Googlemail?

Regards, Marv

There is a big group for Agent. It's probably an excellent resource.
The group (news.software.readers) is an excellent group for Xnews if
you can sidestep the trolls like in any group. Good luck.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

from: google*
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Marv wrote:
I thought that I understood regular expressions but it seems that
everything I try doesn't work.

Would some kind soul smarter than I please explain how to set up a
Forte Agent kill filter for anything coming from Googlemail?

Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things
http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"