Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Program Question

Using help that I have received in this great NG, I have been able to
write a program that does ALMOST what I want to do. But I am asking
the community to take a look at it and see one thing for me. Here is
the program (the notes I put in there after the ; are for my employees
to learn, I am assuming most people in here might know what those
codes meant already, but I left them in there in case)

The two questions I have are
1. For some reason the coolant is only coming on for the SECOND
operation/subroutine. Now when I look at the program, it seems my m08
code is in the FIRST operation and NOT in the second, but yet it is
not turning on until after I have switched to the 1 tool. Can anyone
see why this might be happening?
2. I am trying to drill these holes to Z-.06 and Z-.105 deep using the
mill and drill respectively. It seems that in this program it is
moving the tool -.06 and -.105 from the ORINGINAL Z starting point of
Z.04 (which I have just for a clearance), meaning it seems its doing
an incremental move of .06. What I need it to do is come to an
ABSOLUTE point of Z-.06. Is there something that I am doing wrong
here? (like should there be a g90/91 switch somewhere)?

; 2 POINT LBS:

N100;THIS FILE FOR 40 HOLE BOLT HOLE PATTERN

N106 G40;

N110 M08 M06 T02;TOOCHANGE .060 carbide mill
N111 G43 H02;TOOL HEIGHT OFFSET REF FOR TOOL 2

N115 S9000 M03;SETS SPINDLE SPEED TO 9000

N120 G0 X0 Y0 Z0.04
N125 M03
N130 G16
N135 G91 X.4675 Y0;RADIUS OF .4675
N140 M98 P1 L40; M98 SUBROUTINE CALL P1 STARTS SUBROUTINE L40 IS 40
HOLES

N145 M06 T01;TOOCHANGE .037 STEEL DRILL
N146 G43 H01;TOOL HEIGHT OFFSET REF FOR TOOL 1

N150 S8000 M03;SETS SPINDLE SPEED TO 8000

N155 G16 G90

N157 G0 X0 Y0 Z0.04
N160 M03
N165 G16
N170 G91 X.4675 Y0;RADIUS OF .4675
N171 M98 P2 L40; M98 SUBROUTINE CALL P2 STARTS SUBROUTINE L54 IS 54
HOLES

N174 G16 G90

N175 M09 M2 ; program end

; subroutines
O1 Y9.0 F8.0;01 IS SUBROUTINE Y IS DEGREES BETWEEN HOLES (360/54)
G81 Z-.06 R0 F8.0
G80
M99

O2 Y9.0 F5.0;02 IS SUBROUTINE Y IS DEGREES BETWEEN HOLES (360/54)
G81 Z-.105 R0 F5.0
G80
M99
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 06:07:34 -0700, Ratedr wrote:

Using help that I have received in this great NG, I have been able to
write a program that does ALMOST what I want to do. But I am asking the
community to take a look at it and see one thing for me.

[...]
The two questions I have are
1. For some reason the coolant is only coming on for the SECOND
operation/subroutine. Now when I look at the program, it seems my m08
code [...]
2. I am trying to drill these holes to Z-.06 and Z-.105 deep using the
mill and drill respectively. It seems that in this program it is moving

[...]
[snip G-code program]

I don't know the answers but have two suggestions --
1, crosspost to alt.machines.cnc instead (or only);
2, specify what machine and controller you have, since
some M codes can be machine specific.
-jiw

Do you need a program created or a question answered? Outsource your programming for less. [email protected] UK diy 3 September 22nd 06 09:12 PM
A CAD Program Tim Wescott Metalworking 26 March 13th 06 05:15 AM
I need a spy program ( non harmful) program... fixpc Electronics Repair 8 February 7th 06 06:20 AM
Program PIC Help loedown Electronics 4 February 14th 05 05:55 PM
I have a question about how to use CAD program to do woodworking? Bill Wallace Woodworking 1 July 23rd 03 10:20 AM