Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Want to make a small Brass Whistle, lost the link

Somewhere on the net I found plans for a small brass whistle to put on
a necklace or keychain. Usually made as a present for a female. I
can't find the plans that I thought I'd downloaded. I want to make a
few for my niece, sister and sister-in-law. Anyone remember it or got
a link?
It was tubular.
Thanks
Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 06:31:40 -0700 (PDT),
" wrote:

Somewhere on the net I found plans for a small brass whistle to put on
a necklace or keychain. Usually made as a present for a female. I
can't find the plans that I thought I'd downloaded. I want to make a
few for my niece, sister and sister-in-law. Anyone remember it or got
a link?
It was tubular.
Thanks
Karl

Maybe this is it?

http://www.penmakingsupplies.com/Ins...structions.php

Looks kind of neat. Now if I only had some ambition

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Somewhere on the net I found plans for a small brass whistle to put on
a necklace or keychain. Anyone remember it or got
a link?

Errol Groff was kind enough to put it on the NEMES site several years
ago. I still need to make them.

http://neme-s.org/images/PDF_Files/Steves_Whistle.pdf

Kevin Gallimore

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 1, 11:50 am, axolotl wrote:
wrote:
Somewhere on the net I found plans for a small brass whistle to put on
a necklace or keychain. Anyone remember it or got
a link?

Errol Groff was kind enough to put it on the NEMES site several years
ago. I still need to make them.

http://neme-s.org/images/PDF_Files/Steves_Whistle.pdf

Kevin Gallimore

I think Steves Whistle is it. I thought it was smaller in diameter but
its been a while.
Thanks guys.
Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Somewhere on the net I found plans for a small brass whistle to put on
a necklace or keychain. Usually made as a present for a female. I
can't find the plans that I thought I'd downloaded. I want to make a
few for my niece, sister and sister-in-law. Anyone remember it or got
a link?
It was tubular.
Thanks
Karl

I was glad to see that Kevin was able to point you in the right
direction. I probably would have jumped in sooner to help but my
computer ws at the computer hospital for almost a week getting
brought back from the brink of destruction.

As luck would have it I was soldering whistles today getting ready for
the NAMES show. For the past many years NEMES has been making
whistles and giving out to kids at Cabin Fever, our club show and
NAMES. I would guess that my students and I have made at least 1000
of the darn things. I have made a solomn vow that next year no
whistles. Enough is enough!

Regards,

Errol Groff

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

Priced the copper pipe. 2' is $2 cheaper than 10' but lucked out,
someone redid a shower assembly across the street and tossed about
4.5' of old half inch copper with assorted plumbing bits attached. Now
to try and scrounge the core.
Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 02:08:26 GMT, Errol Groff
wrote:

As luck would have it I was soldering whistles today getting ready for
the NAMES show. For the past many years NEMES has been making
whistles and giving out to kids at Cabin Fever, our club show and
NAMES. I would guess that my students and I have made at least 1000
of the darn things. I have made a solomn vow that next year no
whistles. Enough is enough!

Regards,

Errol Groff

This may sound kind of dumb, but do you have a few pictures
of the completed whistles that could be posted?

I had a hard time trying to envision what the whistle would
actually look like in detail from the pdf/instructions.

No biggy if you don't...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 15:30:03 -0400, "Sam Soltan"
samsoltan_48323atyahoodotcom wrote:

Could you send me the link? I did not see it.

This is a copy of the posting that had the link:

===
Subject: Want to make a small Brass Whistle, lost the
link

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 08:59:02 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

This may sound kind of dumb, but do you have a few pictures
of the completed whistles that could be posted?

I had a hard time trying to envision what the whistle would
actually look like in detail from the pdf/instructions.

No biggy if you don't...

http://neme-s.org/images/PDF_Files/p...nload_page.htm

I have added a picture of one whistle to the page. Tomorrow I can add
a photo of 45 of the foolish things plus a step by step display that I
take to shows.

Errol Groff

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

wrote:

This may sound kind of dumb, but do you have a few pictures
of the completed whistles that could be posted?

I had a hard time trying to envision what the whistle would
actually look like in detail from the pdf/instructions.

No biggy if you don't...

http://neme-s.org/images/PDF_Files/p...nload_page.htm

I have added a picture of one whistle to the page. Tomorrow I can add
a photo of 45 of the foolish things plus a step by step display that I
take to shows.

Errol, please do. I wasn't too intrigued until I saw the photo.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

This may sound kind of dumb, but do you have a few pictures
of the completed whistles that could be posted?

I had a hard time trying to envision what the whistle would
actually look like in detail from the pdf/instructions.

No biggy if you don't...

http://neme-s.org/images/PDF_Files/p...nload_page.htm

I have added a picture of one whistle to the page. Tomorrow I can add
a photo of 45 of the foolish things plus a step by step display that I
take to shows.

Errol, please do. I wasn't too intrigued until I saw the photo.

Thanks Errol for the picture and Rex I appreciate that
somebody else thinks the photo is helpful too ;-)

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

wrote:

This may sound kind of dumb, but do you have a few pictures
of the completed whistles that could be posted?

I had a hard time trying to envision what the whistle would
actually look like in detail from the pdf/instructions.

No biggy if you don't...
http://neme-s.org/images/PDF_Files/p...nload_page.htm

I have added a picture of one whistle to the page. Tomorrow I can add
a photo of 45 of the foolish things plus a step by step display that I
take to shows.

Errol, please do. I wasn't too intrigued until I saw the photo.

Thanks Errol for the picture and Rex I appreciate that
somebody else thinks the photo is helpful too ;-)

Now I just want to see the whistle opened up.
Hopefully those other 'process' photos will come along later
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Now I just want to see the whistle opened up.
Hopefully those other 'process' photos will come along later

Rex:

Here you go. Step by step photos are up.

http://neme-s.org/images/PDF_Files/p...nload_page.htm

Errol Groff

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 18:50:18 -0400, Errol Groff
wrote:

Now I just want to see the whistle opened up.
Hopefully those other 'process' photos will come along later

Rex:

Here you go. Step by step photos are up.

http://neme-s.org/images/PDF_Files/p...nload_page.htm

Very helpful, thanks Errol

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

Errol Groff wrote:
Now I just want to see the whistle opened up.
Hopefully those other 'process' photos will come along later

Rex:

Here you go. Step by step photos are up.

http://neme-s.org/images/PDF_Files/p...nload_page.htm

Errol Groff

Very good, thanks much!