Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DT DT is offline

Default Motor Brush saga - Success!

On the way home, I happened to pass by a Sears Hardware place, and
remembered that DT here had mentioned that he saw a bunch of them there.
So I turned around and went in, as I had a stripped ratchet to swap
there (been carrying it around in the van for months) anyhow. Got my
ratchet, and checked the hardware isle. Sure enough, 3 trays of assorted
brushes! In the box of brushes for things like electric lawnmowers and
chainsaws, I found the exact size I needed. 4 bucks each!

Woo hoo! Glad to help. Those small parts drawers in Sears have some neat
things, even if they have cut back on them recently. I have one right near me,
so I've picked up the odd metric bolt, allen cap screw, various keys, knobs and
spacers, etc.

--
Dennis