Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Unimat 3 Belts

Well I found a new source of cheap belts for my Unimat 3 today. A
swimming pool equipment supplier and contractor. They have a variety
of "O" rings that fir various bits of pool equipment and some of them
are the same size as the lathe belts. Try to go befor your belt dies.
It is much easier to match one up that is continuous than a broken
one.

From the specs I have:
long belt is: 3.25" x 0.20
Short belt is: 2.75" x 0.20
Auto feed belt is: 1.75" x 0.15

Keep on turning!

John
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

You could also get some of the right size belting in bulk.

I think the material is a polyurethane. You just cut to length
and fuse the ends together.

Can be a trick to line up. I use an old V block. And a solder
gun can supply enough heat. Just make sure you don't
actually touch the material you are heating.

DOC

On Jan 29, 4:23*pm, John Kulczycki
wrote:
Well I found a new source of *cheap belts for my Unimat 3 today. A
swimming pool equipment supplier and contractor. They have a variety
of "O" rings that fir various bits of pool equipment and some of them
are the same size as the lathe belts. Try to go befor your belt dies.
It is much easier to match one up that is continuous than a broken
one.

From the specs I have:
long belt is: * * * * 3.25" x *0.20
Short belt is: * * * 2.75" x *0.20
Auto feed belt is: 1.75" x *0.15

Keep on turning!

John

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 13:23:53 -0800 (PST), John Kulczycki
wrote:

Well I found a new source of cheap belts for my Unimat 3 today. A
swimming pool equipment supplier and contractor. They have a variety
of "O" rings that fir various bits of pool equipment and some of them
are the same size as the lathe belts. Try to go befor your belt dies.
It is much easier to match one up that is continuous than a broken
one.

From the specs I have:
long belt is: 3.25" x 0.20
Short belt is: 2.75" x 0.20
Auto feed belt is: 1.75" x 0.15

Keep on turning!

John

I have found that if I leave the belt guard open, the O rings will
last a lot longer. They run cooler?
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada