Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default ID'ing some gears, smaller lathe??

hello:

another group of gears (and pulleys, not photo'ed yet); anyone know what
these are from - i'm hoping it should be kind of easy due to the bright
red color!
http://home.att.net/~btuttleman1/gears2.jpg
http://home.att.net/~btuttleman1/gears2a.jpg

nomenclature reads like this: Off the middle row of gears, 1st on left:
Z76 012 014044
OD = about 4 9/16ths
center hole appears straight thru, about 1 3/18" diameter

tnx,
barry
carson city, nv
--
Barry Tuttleman
Carson City, Nevada

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-01-27, barry wrote:
hello:

another group of gears (and pulleys, not photo'ed yet); anyone know what
these are from - i'm hoping it should be kind of easy due to the bright
red color!
http://home.att.net/~btuttleman1/gears2.jpg
http://home.att.net/~btuttleman1/gears2a.jpg

Not sure what they fit -- but I'll bet that it is a lathe,
because you appear to have a pair of 127/100 gears -- very useful for
making setups to do metric threads on an inch machine or vice versa.

nomenclature reads like this: Off the middle row of gears, 1st on left:
Z76 012 014044
OD = about 4 9/16ths
center hole appears straight thru, about 1 3/18" diameter

What about the one with a reducing ring in it?

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564