Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Court May Limit Patent Owners' Rights

On Jan 17, 12:46 am, Cliff wrote:
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...dj7BAD8U73Q5G0

Cliffy

Did you read the article or just the headline? LG is trying to go
beyond current limits in collecting patent fees.

1) LG sells a license to Intel
2) Intel builds chips with licensed LG technology
3) Intel sells chips to Quanda
4) LG now wants to collect a patent fee from Quanda for using the
chips Intel sold them

Sounds like budwieser sending me a bill for drinking the beer I buy at
the grocery store.

Carl Boyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

CLIP
Sounds like budwieser sending me a bill for drinking the beer I buy at
the grocery store.

Carl Boyd

Carl,

They sent you a bill too! The nerve...

Laws have morphed from protecting the victimized to emabling the
controllers... Same with most unions... But this is WAY OT.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Carl

I think your #1 is in error. They sold the rights to manufacture. Otherwise
they have zero rights thereafter if they sold them.

Their IP went into chips for their use. I think the issue is Intel gave
the secret keys to the new functions to Quanda when the chips were sold.

Since Quanda was not to get the special features and took market share away
would you not expect them to try to recover ?

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/