Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Your top five albums

Dave Brubeck Take Five
Beatles Sgt. Pepper (Tied with the White untitled album)
Will the Circle be Unbroken
Chicago Transit Authority (1st album)
Santana Abraxas

fifty alternates that would be insertable given the mood ...........

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" wrote in message
Dave Brubeck Take Five
Beatles Sgt. Pepper (Tied with the White untitled album)
Will the Circle be Unbroken
Chicago Transit Authority (1st album)
Santana Abraxas

fifty alternates that would be insertable given the mood ...........

Brubeck's album is titled Time Out-----Take Five being the most popular of
cuts on the album. Damned good one, too! Written by Paul Desmond, by the
way.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 19:56:33 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
"SteveB" quickly quoth:

Dave Brubeck Take Five

This was my introduction to jazz. I burned out on that song about the
seven millionth time I heard it, just like xmas music. Feh! I still
get sentimental about both but can't stand listening to them any more.
I did try Pandora's Jazz Holidays track and it wasn't too bad. I might
play it for a couple hours this holiday season while my family is
staying with me. www.pandora.com

The older I get, though, the less music I listen to. I refuse to
listen to commercials, so CDs in the truck are the only way to go.
The only thing I miss--since giving up DISH back in May--are the
digital music stations. If I listened more, I'd get one of the XM
radio subscriptions.

Beatles Sgt. Pepper (Tied with the White untitled album)
Will the Circle be Unbroken
Chicago Transit Authority (1st album)
Santana Abraxas

fifty alternates that would be insertable given the mood ...........

Ditto the Santana. Add Jethro Tull's This Was, Stand Up, Benefit
(which I saw them do in concert), Thick as a Brick, and Aqualung. Or
Led Zeppelin's early works. Other fave artists are Shadowfax, Dave
Grusin, Acoustic Alchemy, Strunz and Farah, Pink Floyd, The
Rippingtons, George Winston, Michael Lanz, Kenny Wayne Shephard
(Crankin' blues), Eric Clapton,

--
My future starts when I wake up every morning...
Every day I find something creative to do with my life.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 19:56:33 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
"SteveB" quickly quoth:

Dave Brubeck Take Five

This was my introduction to jazz. I burned out on that song about the
seven millionth time I heard it, just like xmas music. Feh! I still
get sentimental about both but can't stand listening to them any more.
I did try Pandora's Jazz Holidays track and it wasn't too bad. I might
play it for a couple hours this holiday season while my family is
staying with me. www.pandora.com

The older I get, though, the less music I listen to. I refuse to
listen to commercials, so CDs in the truck are the only way to go.
The only thing I miss--since giving up DISH back in May--are the
digital music stations. If I listened more, I'd get one of the XM
radio subscriptions.

I have Sirius in my pickup- can't imagine not having it. Zero commercials.

-Carl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

interesting - my top 5 would be pretty different:

incredible string band Wee Tam & Big Huge (two albums)
Cesaria Evora -
Bob Dylan - HIghway 61
Gillian Welch - Hell among the yearlings
big Brother & the holding co - ball and chain

if I had to pick individual songs/tracks/pieces, there would be some others,
such as

eine kline nachmusic
blue cheer - summertime blues
dylan - desolation row
John Mayall - the squirm
Iris Dement - sweet is the memory
charlie musselwhite - christo redemptor
Mizorsky - night on bald mountain
Fritz Kreisler performing Paganini (anything)
Carmen Miranda - Mama e Quero

I guess it's kinda an ecclectic mix

. net...

"SteveB" wrote in message
Dave Brubeck Take Five
Beatles Sgt. Pepper (Tied with the White untitled album)
Will the Circle be Unbroken
Chicago Transit Authority (1st album)
Santana Abraxas

fifty alternates that would be insertable given the mood ...........

Brubeck's album is titled Time Out-----Take Five being the most popular of
cuts on the album. Damned good one, too! Written by Paul Desmond, by
the way.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Harold and Susan Vordos" writes:

Brubeck's album is titled Time Out

Similar to the sequel - Time Further Out, with more "odd" time signatures.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" wrote:

Dave Brubeck Take Five
Beatles Sgt. Pepper (Tied with the White untitled album)
Will the Circle be Unbroken
Chicago Transit Authority (1st album)
Santana Abraxas

fifty alternates that would be insertable given the mood ...........

Al Stewart - Year of the Cat
Beatles - Let it Be
Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick
Harry Chapin - The Gold Medal Collection
Jim Croce - Time in a Bottle

Honorable mention to any by Gordon Lightfoot.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Carl Byrns wrote:

[...]

I can imagine burning a stack of CDs (reduce wear on the originals, not
pirate) and *not* paying for some subscription. Indeed newer and after
market auto stereos often support MP3s so you can get like many hours
onto a single disk. Many also have aux inputs for HDD based music
players. Why pay yet another f'n monthly service charge nickel and
dimeing you to death?