Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Your top five albums

Carl Byrns wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 19:56:33 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
"SteveB" quickly quoth:

Dave Brubeck Take Five

This was my introduction to jazz. I burned out on that song about the
seven millionth time I heard it, just like xmas music. Feh! I still
get sentimental about both but can't stand listening to them any more.
I did try Pandora's Jazz Holidays track and it wasn't too bad. I might
play it for a couple hours this holiday season while my family is
staying with me. www.pandora.com

The older I get, though, the less music I listen to. I refuse to
listen to commercials, so CDs in the truck are the only way to go.
The only thing I miss--since giving up DISH back in May--are the
digital music stations. If I listened more, I'd get one of the XM
radio subscriptions.

I have Sirius in my pickup- can't imagine not having it. Zero commercials.

-Carl

I can imagine burning a stack of CDs (reduce wear on the originals, not
pirate) and *not* paying for some subscription. Indeed newer and after
market auto stereos often support MP3s so you can get like many hours
onto a single disk. Many also have aux inputs for HDD based music
players. Why pay yet another f'n monthly service charge nickel and
dimeing you to death?