Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Looking for Source for small thrust bearings

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find a source for a small needle roller or ball thrust
bearing. The thrust bearing ID must work with a 3/8" OD shaft. I need
to keep the OD of the bearing at .71" or smaller, the thinner the
bearing is the better. The closest thing I've found is a part # BR5-1
from www.wmberg.com

I've tried mcmaster, mscdirect, reidsupply, globalspec and online
searching but I haven't found anything smaller than a .802" OD.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a company or supplier that may
have what I need ?

Thanks
John
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 18:33:37 -0800 (PST), John2005 wrote:

I've tried mcmaster, mscdirect, reidsupply, globalspec and online
searching but I haven't found anything smaller than a .802" OD.

skf? fag? Grainger? NNT?

What's the application? When I'm trying to design something that the
parts for aren't available, I almost always find that someone has a
smarter way to do what I'm trying to do, which is why the oddball parts
I'd like aren't available.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Thanks Dave,

I don't think SKF or fag have it, but I have not tried NNT or
Grainger.

BR5-2 was the Berg number that was closest , I goofed up.

I actually just thought of a way that will probably allow me to use
the .802" OD Berg bearing, but I would still like to find another
source if possible, Berg is somewhat expensive and there is no OEM
part number on the package they sent me as there sometimes is. They
sent me a set made in the USA and a set made in China, the one's made
in China are noisy and cheap looking, the one's from the USA run nice
and quiet.

Thanks again,

John
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find a source for a small needle roller or ball thrust
bearing. The thrust bearing ID must work with a 3/8" OD shaft. I need
to keep the OD of the bearing at .71" or smaller, the thinner the
bearing is the better. The closest thing I've found is a part # BR5-1
from www.wmberg.com

Boston Gear AO/SAO10 3/8 ID x 11/16 OD x 9/32
Andrews FT-010 is an equivalent.

http://www.bostongear.com/pdf/produc..._pp_065_66.pdf

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 18:46:18 -0800 (PST), John2005
wrote:

Thanks Dave,

I don't think SKF or fag have it, but I have not tried NNT or
Grainger.

BR5-2 was the Berg number that was closest , I goofed up.

That sounds like a Torrington NTA-613, though I have two references
here and one says .802 OD, the other .812.

--
Ned Simmons

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Thanks for the help Ned, I will check those sources.

I checked my Timken catalog, but it seemed all the thrust bearings
were too large for my purposes.

John

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I'm trying to find a source for a small needle roller or ball thrust
bearing. The thrust bearing ID must work with a 3/8" OD shaft

Model helicopters use thrust bearings in their blade holders. They are
probably too small for you, but if you looked at the very biggest
helicopters, you might get close.

--
Helge.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I'm trying to find a source for a small needle roller or ball thrust
bearing. The thrust bearing ID must work with a 3/8" OD shaft

Model helicopters use thrust bearings in their blade holders. They are
probably too small for you, but if you looked at the very biggest
helicopters, you might get close.

Don't know which country you're in, John, but if you have access to RS
Components, or Farnell/Newark, such things are in their catalogues.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John2005 wrote in news:cef43798-7687-49f7-85c0-
:

Try national precision bearing.

http://www.nationalprecision.com/ Good quality stuff from them.

--
Anthony

better idiots.

Remove sp to reply via email
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Thanks Dave,

I don't think SKF or fag have it, but I have not tried NNT or
Grainger.

BR5-2 was the Berg number that was closest , I goofed up.

That sounds like a Torrington NTA-613, though I have two references
here and one says .802 OD, the other .812.

Not directly a lot of help to John, but my local friends show the Torrington
bearings he-

http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/en-gb/dept_19.html

I even have some waiting for a project :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dan Dan is offline

wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find a source for a small needle roller or ball thrust
bearing. The thrust bearing ID must work with a 3/8" OD shaft. I need
to keep the OD of the bearing at .71" or smaller, the thinner the
bearing is the better. The closest thing I've found is a part # BR5-1
from www.wmberg.com

I've tried mcmaster, mscdirect, reidsupply, globalspec and online
searching but I haven't found anything smaller than a .802" OD.

McMaster carr has them down to 1/8" bore.
6655K18 is for a 5/8" bore. they are general purposr bearings though.
Kinda cheap but they'll work for light thrust loads.
Catalog Page 1081.