Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shopping at McMasters

I've always been happy with McMasters though their policy of seldom showing
who makes their product always adds a bit of suprise to the purchase.

I ordered a 6" scale. Recieved Starrett. (USA)
10mm 3/8" drive. Recieved Proto Professional (USA)
3/8M-1/2" adaptor. Recieved Armstrong. (USA)
5C collets, Lyndex. (Japan)
R8 collets, Lyndex.
Drills, PTD http://www.precisiondormer.com/
Adjustable wrench, Crecent. (heat treat sucked not Mcmasters fault)

So what things have you bought and who made them?

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

So what things have you bought and who made them?
Wire brushes. - Tom Gardner

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 5, 2:20 pm, Wes wrote:

So what things have you bought and who made them?

The list goes on and on.....They have to be THE best business model
out there. What a company.

I have found that if you call or email and ask them the brand, they
will tell you immediately. With a catalog that size, they might opt to
limit their display of brand just in case they have a supply problem
and are forced to substitute (not that I EVER saw such a thing from
them trickle down to me).

grummy
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...
So what things have you bought and who made them?

Wire brushes. - Tom Gardner

Karl

Just some in their line, they carry a lot!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
I've always been happy with McMasters though their policy of seldom
showing
who makes their product always adds a bit of suprise to the purchase.

I ordered a 6" scale. Recieved Starrett. (USA)
10mm 3/8" drive. Recieved Proto Professional (USA)
3/8M-1/2" adaptor. Recieved Armstrong. (USA)
5C collets, Lyndex. (Japan)
R8 collets, Lyndex.
Drills, PTD http://www.precisiondormer.com/
Adjustable wrench, Crecent. (heat treat sucked not Mcmasters fault)

So what things have you bought and who made them?

I bought a belt skimmer thinking it looked like a Zebra in the catalog but
got an Abanaki. Seems to work wwell enough though. Taps have generally
been brand names. Fasteners all seem to be import, though.

Mike

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 15:20:56 -0500, Wes wrote:

I've always been happy with McMasters though their policy of seldom showing
who makes their product always adds a bit of suprise to the purchase.

I ordered a 6" scale. Recieved Starrett. (USA)
10mm 3/8" drive. Recieved Proto Professional (USA)
3/8M-1/2" adaptor. Recieved Armstrong. (USA)
5C collets, Lyndex. (Japan)
R8 collets, Lyndex.
Drills, PTD http://www.precisiondormer.com/
Adjustable wrench, Crecent. (heat treat sucked not Mcmasters fault)

So what things have you bought and who made them?

Wes

Got a 1"-12 die, Widell, and cheaper than MSC or J & L.

shoulder bolts, CAMCAR, made in USA

coiled roll pins, 420 SS, their brand, made in USA

My experience is most of their stuff is USA, so I don't mind ordering
from them at all.
Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

So what things have you bought and who made them?

Wire brushes. - Tom Gardner

Just some in their line, they carry a lot!

Hey Tom,

About five years ago, you gave me (and whole bunch of RCMers) a neat little
brush that I use to clean the "T" slots out on my mills. Its got just a few
wires about two inch long and a metal ring for a handle. Where do I get
another?

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
I've always been happy with McMasters though their policy of seldom
showing
who makes their product always adds a bit of suprise to the purchase.

I ordered a 6" scale. Recieved Starrett. (USA)
10mm 3/8" drive. Recieved Proto Professional (USA)
3/8M-1/2" adaptor. Recieved Armstrong. (USA)
5C collets, Lyndex. (Japan)
R8 collets, Lyndex.
Drills, PTD http://www.precisiondormer.com/
Adjustable wrench, Crecent. (heat treat sucked not Mcmasters fault)

So what things have you bought and who made them?

Wes

When I first went to McMaster it was without an account for a will call.
After they brought the
merchandise to the counter, my cash came out. They told me "Don't bother
with cash", which
produced the check book. Then they said, "Don't worry, will send you a bill
and you can pay
then." That made an impression.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Edward Hennessey" wrote:

When I first went to McMaster it was without an account for a will call.
After they brought the
merchandise to the counter, my cash came out. They told me "Don't bother
with cash", which
produced the check book. Then they said, "Don't worry, will send you a bill
and you can pay
then." That made an impression.

I lost my debit card and canceled it. McMaster shipped product during the
meantime using the old card data. Evidently they trust us enough to get the
stuff out the door before hitting the card. I got a call asking for another
form of payment and my stuff showed up on schedule.

They are a class act.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 18:17:23 -0500, Wes wrote:

"Edward Hennessey" wrote:

When I first went to McMaster it was without an account for a will call.
After they brought the
merchandise to the counter, my cash came out. They told me "Don't bother
with cash", which
produced the check book. Then they said, "Don't worry, will send you a bill
and you can pay
then." That made an impression.

I lost my debit card and canceled it. McMaster shipped product during the
meantime using the old card data. Evidently they trust us enough to get the
stuff out the door before hitting the card. I got a call asking for another
form of payment and my stuff showed up on schedule.

They are a class act.

Wes

When I placed my first order, it was send check in advance, after that
they were more than happy to open my account.
Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...
So what things have you bought and who made them?
Wire brushes. - Tom Gardner

Just some in their line, they carry a lot!

Hey Tom,

About five years ago, you gave me (and whole bunch of RCMers) a neat
little brush that I use to clean the "T" slots out on my mills. Its got
just a few wires about two inch long and a metal ring for a handle. Where
do I get another?

Karl

I need your ship-to address.

Go GO GO !!go to shopping cheapestsell[_2_] Home Repair 0 August 14th 07 03:17 AM
Shopping [email protected] Home Repair 0 August 10th 07 10:16 PM
FOR ALL YOUR SHOPPING NEEDS . . . . .$ Kats Home Ownership 0 April 10th 06 07:13 PM
Shopping for a table saw Eric Miller Woodworking 10 November 30th 04 12:28 AM
DRO shopping... Ryan Metalworking 8 July 19th 03 01:39 AM