Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Care packages to soldiers political

In article
,
Gerry wrote:

Fox News versus the Peoples' Republic of Cambridge? This could prove
amusing, something of a steel-cage match.

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

"Joseph Gwinn" wrote in message
In article
,
Gerry wrote:

Fox News versus the Peoples' Republic of Cambridge? This could prove
amusing, something of a steel-cage match.

Joe Gwinn

I wonder what Patterson would have said if the Care packages were for Iraqi
civilians, and they were pulled because someone complained?

It sounds like the election commission was excessively paranoid about
controversy, but there's nothing to suggest they supported the complaint.

I don't know the outcome, or if there is one yet. I'll ask my wife, who
follows Boston news more closely than I. By the way, the Boston Hearld
is the local tabloid, and probably agrees with Fox.

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Comments anyone?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gerry wrote:

Fox News versus the Peoples' Republic of Cambridge? This could prove
amusing, something of a steel-cage match.

Joe Gwinn

I wonder what Patterson would have said if the Care packages were for Iraqi
civilians, and they were pulled because someone complained?

It sounds like the election commission was excessively paranoid about
controversy, but there's nothing to suggest they supported the complaint.

--
Ed Huntress

BTW, Patterson was complaining because the collection was stopped, not
because the collection was "political". The complainer who the
commission apeased was not named

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 18, 4:49 pm, Gerry wrote:
Comments anyone?http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312045,00.html

LOL...it would seem the same old drivel one sees on Faux News all the
time.

I didn't know that the Faux News motto was "We report...You decide."

What a waste of time...they are worse than any stupid reality tv show
I have been forced to watch.

I thought it was "We report...You laugh...laugh...laugh...your butt
off at our stupidity."

Friends don't let friends watch Faux News.

But in all seriousness I would recommend sending someone...anyone who
is serving a care package for the holidays. Our troops are serving our
Country despite the fools who sent them and deserve our support.

Support our troops....bring them home ASAP.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 14:49:45 -0800 (PST), with neither quill nor
qualm, Gerry quickly quoth:

Comments anyone?

I think the City of Cambridge sucks for stopping humanitarian efforts
which were not politically motivated. Political Correctness SUCKS in
every way, shape, or form.

--
"Given the low level of competence among politicians,
every American should become a Libertarian."
-- Charley Reese, Alameda Times-Star (California), June 17, 2003
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gerry wrote:

Comments anyone?

If any DOES want to help our troops, here is a good way:
http://www.operationshoebox.com/

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

I think the City of Cambridge sucks for stopping humanitarian efforts
which were not politically motivated. Political Correctness SUCKS in
every way, shape, or form.

Typical elitism. Diss the troops and those that are trying to help them
secure that one can do it in safety provided by those that put it on the
line.

Some days I think we ought to bring back the draft. Canada's courts just
ruled they aren't taking deserters. Maybe they won't take dodgers too.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The sick get sicker. I suppose collecting boxes for IRAN would be charity!

Martin
Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/

Gerry wrote:
Comments anyone?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The collection boxes were placed at polling stations on
election day. That probably had a lot to do with it.

If they'd been placed outside of the polling stations, there
probably wouldn't have been any problem.

--
-Ed Falk,
http://thespamdiaries.blogspot.com/