Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Picture from 1943 -- children making electric motor windings

Picture has both historical as well as educational value

http://victory.rusarchives.ru/index....1&photo_id=522
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus23382 wrote:
Picture has both historical as well as educational value

http://victory.rusarchives.ru/index....1&photo_id=522

I couldn't stop looking at the pictures.
Some great B/W photography.

Thanks Iggy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-11-13, Jim Stewart wrote:
Ignoramus23382 wrote:
Picture has both historical as well as educational value

http://victory.rusarchives.ru/index....1&photo_id=522

I couldn't stop looking at the pictures.
Some great B/W photography.

Thanks Iggy.

I could not stop looking either. It was obviously cold at that
factory. Another metalworking picture is he

http://victory.rusarchives.ru/index....1&photo_id=539
(boy learns how to make thread with a hand die)

boy with a horizontal mill
http://victory.rusarchives.ru/index....1&photo_id=155
(the caption says he produced 200% of his norm. 1942)

Metal casting
http://victory.rusarchives.ru/index....1&photo_id=579
Caption says the guy on the right was severely injured in a
factory accident

Women miners before descending into a mine shaft (a little hard to
believe as they appear to be removing small castings from a
die/forge). Maybe the journalists had no more clue then, as now.
http://victory.rusarchives.ru/index....1&photo_id=579

Worker working on a turret lathe
http://victory.rusarchives.ru/index....1&photo_id=609

Women stick welding tank obstacles, 1941. The welding cables look to
be in bad shape.
http://victory.rusarchives.ru/index....1&photo_id=613

British and American shipsin Murmansk port
http://victory.rusarchives.ru/index....1&photo_id=382

Russians driving a US made tank in Russia
http://victory.rusarchives.ru/index....1&photo_id=383

Soviet and American troops link up in Germany, 1945 (veterans day
related)
http://victory.rusarchives.ru/index....1&photo_id=388
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus23382" wrote in message
Picture has both historical as well as educational value

http://victory.rusarchives.ru/index....1&photo_id=522

i enjoyed seeing the pics iggy, thanks for the link. the pics of the kids
during the war brought tears to my eyes. (seems to me we didn't see many of
those pics here, maybe they didn't want to humanize russians) i clicked and
clicked. lots of good pics. just wanted to post a link to one. nice
looking planes. i wonder if the things on the outboard leading edge were
slats to improve lift.

http://victory.rusarchives.ru/index....1&photo_id=587

i was using google to "translate".

there's some cute ladies in the pics too.

check out this guy making pineapples.
http://victory.rusarchives.ru/index....1&photo_id=609

and this lady inspecting tiki lamps
http://victory.rusarchives.ru/index....1&photo_id=610

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-11-13, William Wixon wrote:
i enjoyed seeing the pics iggy, thanks for the link. the pics of the kids
during the war brought tears to my eyes. (seems to me we didn't see many of
those pics here, maybe they didn't want to humanize russians) i clicked and
clicked. lots of good pics. just wanted to post a link to one. nice
looking planes. i wonder if the things on the outboard leading edge were
slats to improve lift.

Those kids are all old people now. I read everything I can put my
hands on, about WWII.

there's some cute ladies in the pics too.

Try this one, soldiers returning from war are received by women, very
cute and horny looking.

http://victory.rusarchives.ru/index....1&photo_id=420

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus23382" wrote in message

there's some cute ladies in the pics too.

Try this one, soldiers returning from war are received by women, very
cute and horny looking.

http://victory.rusarchives.ru/index....1&photo_id=420

yeah, they are cute! so pretty. the thing that always amazes me, don't
know why, women were as beautiful then as they are now.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 06:22:53 GMT, "William Wixon"
wrote:

"Ignoramus23382" wrote in message

there's some cute ladies in the pics too.

Try this one, soldiers returning from war are received by women, very
cute and horny looking.

http://victory.rusarchives.ru/index....1&photo_id=420

yeah, they are cute! so pretty. the thing that always amazes me, don't
know why, women were as beautiful then as they are now.

Humm...different standards I guess. After looking closely..I see 2
that are even close to the low range of pretty, most being in the
catagory of Babuska.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

http://victory.rusarchives.ru/index....1&photo_id=420

Oops, can't check this at work, the company server blocked it as Porn.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 12, 5:34 pm, Ignoramus23382 ignoramus23...@NOSPAM.
23382.invalid wrote:
Picture has both historical as well as educational value

http://victory.rusarchives.ru/index....1&photo_id=522

Very cool.
Thanks
Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 23:38:14 -0600, Ignoramus23382

On 2007-11-13, William Wixon wrote:
i enjoyed seeing the pics iggy, thanks for the link. the pics of the kids
during the war brought tears to my eyes. (seems to me we didn't see many of
those pics here, maybe they didn't want to humanize russians) i clicked and
clicked. lots of good pics. just wanted to post a link to one. nice
looking planes. i wonder if the things on the outboard leading edge were
slats to improve lift.

Those kids are all old people now. I read everything I can put my
hands on, about WWII.

there's some cute ladies in the pics too.

Try this one, soldiers returning from war are received by women, very
cute and horny looking.

http://victory.rusarchives.ru/index....1&photo_id=420

Hey Iggy,

I notice in many of the pix there are young people with VERY short
hair, almost like shaved and growing out now. Some are adults, but
most appeared to be children. Is there any comment in the captions as
to why this is/was. Health issues? Just style of the day? Indicates
Jews, or some other "needs-to-be-identified" group? Something else?

I'm sure we all recall seeing pix of French citizens who had there
heads shaved for being "collaborators", but that was so they would be
shamed and shunned. I doubt that would be the case here.

Super bunch of pix though. Have you gone through the whole lot, and if
so roughly how many pix are there? How did you find this site? Looks
like a museum site to me.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
Bothwell, Ontario

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 2007-11-13, William Wixon wrote:
[...]

Probably for lice prevention. That would be my guess based on what I
know. No one needed to identify Jews on the Soviet side of the front.
Lice were everywhere at the time.

I'm sure we all recall seeing pix of French citizens who had there
heads shaved for being "collaborators", but that was so they would be
shamed and shunned. I doubt that would be the case here.

I doubt either, I think that the problem was lice and keeping kids'
hair short was the easiest solution. Even now, lice appear once in a
while, but at least now there are better medicines or something. I
believe that at that time, kerosene was used to kill off lice eggs.

Super bunch of pix though. Have you gone through the whole lot, and if
so roughly how many pix are there? How did you find this site? Looks
like a museum site to me.

I went through almost the entire site, saved up some pictures also for
my future reference. I wasted my entire evening on it yesterday.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 09:13:50 -0500, Brian Lawson
wrote:

there's some cute ladies in the pics too.

Try this one, soldiers returning from war are received by women, very
cute and horny looking.

http://victory.rusarchives.ru/index....1&photo_id=420

Hey Iggy,

I notice in many of the pix there are young people with VERY short
hair, almost like shaved and growing out now. Some are adults, but
most appeared to be children. Is there any comment in the captions as
to why this is/was. Health issues? Just style of the day? Indicates
Jews, or some other "needs-to-be-identified" group? Something else?

Style and lice control

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 12, 7:34 pm, Ignoramus23382 ignoramus23...@NOSPAM.
23382.invalid wrote:
Picture has both historical as well as educational value

http://victory.rusarchives.ru/index....1&photo_id=522

I tried to use two free translation web sites to translate the text.
Only a few words were translated. Any thoughts?

Paul

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

23382.invalid wrote:
Picture has both historical as well as educational value

http://victory.rusarchives.ru/index....1&photo_id=522

I tried to use two free translation web sites to translate the text.
Only a few words were translated. Any thoughts?

The caption said "children learning how to wind an electric motor".

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I tried to use two free translation web sites to translate the text.
Only a few words were translated. Any thoughts?

Daughters frontline soldiers Hog M. and O. Bergamok pass production
practices in the windings of electric motors combine Training Mosgorsobesa
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I tried to use two free translation web sites to translate the text.
Only a few words were translated. Any thoughts?

Using Explorer, you can right click the page and translate via the "Page
Info" then "Translate Page into English" option...

After translating it, hold the mouse over the photo for a more detailed
English note that I can't seem to cut and paste here no matter what forms of
internet-trickery I try.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus23382" wrote in message
Picture has both historical as well as educational value

http://victory.rusarchives.ru/index....1&photo_id=522

Change the id=522 to id=1 and you can view photos 1 through 995 that way...
At least I think there were 995....
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus9314 wrote:

I went through almost the entire site, saved up some pictures also for
my future reference. I wasted my entire evening on it yesterday.

Do you read Russian? I would like to look more at the site
but backing up to the "index" part of the URLs I couldn't
figure out what to click on to peruse the pix.
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-11-14, Lew Hartswick wrote:
Ignoramus9314 wrote:

I went through almost the entire site, saved up some pictures also for
my future reference. I wasted my entire evening on it yesterday.

Do you read Russian? I would like to look more at the site
but backing up to the "index" part of the URLs I couldn't
figure out what to click on to peruse the pix.
...lew...

Yes, I do read Russian, I can imagine it is too hard to go through it
without being able to read the captions and such.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus23382 wrote:

( WOW!!!!)
I just spent an hour looking at that and still havent seen all
of them. Some good shots of FDR, Churchill, and uncle Joe.
A lot of the Nuremberg trial and some of the blody bodies that
resulted from it.
Wonder who the four gloomy looking krauts are in #334 must be
prisoners.
Have to send this to my soninlaw, he's into Russian history.
Thabnks Iggy.
...lew...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 19:48:32 -0700, Lew Hartswick
wrote:

Ignoramus9314 wrote:

I went through almost the entire site, saved up some pictures also for
my future reference. I wasted my entire evening on it yesterday.

Do you read Russian? I would like to look more at the site
but backing up to the "index" part of the URLs I couldn't
figure out what to click on to peruse the pix.
...lew...

Try running it through Babelfish. Like this:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...oto_id%3 D522

It that doesn't work, go to this link:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

and paste the original link into the "Translate a Web page"
box. Set the drop-down menu to "Russian to English" and hit
the Translate button.

It is far from being perfect, but you should get the gist of
it...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b